What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A pair of pictures

• Thread starter Pyro
  • Start date
  • Tags
    super

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
Couldn't think of anywhere else to put this. Thought this might be interesting for you all.

This is to give you an idea of the scale of this thing

PC120114.JPG

And the best close shot I could get of the bloom.

PC120115%20close%20srop.jpg

Now, isn't that one of the weirdest things you have seen? It reminds me of the CPs from the way old Super Mario Brothers (NES)

what orchid is that? my kind of odd ball flower. very cool.

Very awesome! Thanks for taking the time to share!
Andrew

Is that at ABG Travis? wow that is soo cool, like a mini Cypripedium!

Yeah Dustin, this is another ABG plant. Did not think to get the name on it though. Just fired off a few shots because it looked so cool

Wow thats soo cool Travis! I must beg Ron for a piece of it unless this thing is ultra rare next time I visit (hopefully this year!) Do you know if its a mountain or a lowland plant?

i was hoping it was yours so i could get a division. to bad. thanks for the pic though, very cool flower!!

Noticing my own stupidity here... I believe the tag on the far right side of the first pic belongs to the plant. Pleurothallis cypripedioides. Am I a dolt or what?!?

hmmmmm interesting. i now have to go check one of my orchids, im pretty sure i have a Pleurothallis species but it recently flowered and they looked NOTHING like that. they were bright yellow and nothing particularily special or unique.

Pleurothallis cypripedioides is correct. There are roughly 1000 different Pleurothallis species.

that's awsome!
reminds me of terrestrial utric bladders

Is this thing a highland or lowland? I'm assuming highland as most of the rarer and harder to grow orchids are highland/mountainous species.

Lowland from Ecuador between 300 and 1000 meters. Available at www.andysorchids.com The key to growing pleurothallids is to keep them moist.

Took close to three years but I finally got my 100th post,
Chris

i grow P. quadrifida, it looks NOTHING like that. thanks for the link Chris.

That is a lovely, interesting flower.  It reminds me of a fig torn open.  Figs...yummy!  
smile.gif

Wow...thanks for the link Dyflam. The flowers are so variable. I see a lot on that page I'd love to have.

Back