What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where does everyone stand in regards to...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (FlytrapGurl @ Jan. 24 2005,10:30)]Considering the fact that global warming has made the earth gradually warmer, it seems the father back you go, the colder it was, so the snowball earth theory makes sense.
Not true, it hasn't been a steady upward stroke. It's been more up and down than anything else, hitting a climax then plunging into an ice age again.

I

know

that

But, discounting ice ages, due to global warming, it has gotten slightly WARMER over the last, oh, I dunno, million years. That's what I'm saying.

The climate was somewhat warmer during at least some of Quaternary interglacials.  The most recent before the one we're in now ended 130,000 years ago.  It certainly was warmer during the Pliocene Epoch, which ended ~2 million years ago.  When the climate is warmer, especially at high latitudes, a lot less water is locked up in ice.  So sea levels were higher in the (geologically) recent past.  If you look at a geologic map of Florida, you'll see much of the state is covered by marine sediment of Pliocene or later age.  That's what higher sea level can do.

I don't even care anymore.

it was also warmer (and wetter) than now during the Pleistocene(ended ~11,000 yeast ago)  in North America(and i believe globally but dont remember).  This enviorment is what supported the mega-fauna that the clovis culture of North America depended on.

You know how when you kill a cockroach, it's just not enough and you just have to pick it apart?

of course! that's the whole point of killing it.

I worry about Flytrapgurl sometimes and dread where her thoughts will ramble if the Pats win on Sunday.

I have these voices in my head... but they speak in Spanish, so I don't know what they're saying. I wish one of them would get a job. But don't worry 'bout 'em, they're my voices.

lol FTG!.....me loves spanish....lol
smile.gif

I wish they had a smiley that raises its eyebrows......

FTG... it seems like you say something wrong then try to twist it into what's right when you're corrected.

Yes, that's right, I say stupid crap and make it make sense just out of sheer love of argument. Right.

I don't know how you see it as that, but that's not what I do. I say something I know is is some way right, in a simple form, instead of explaining what I know you know in paragraph form. Then sometimes you guys see the simpleness and decide there's something I forgot to mention and figure that makes me wrong and post what I forgot to mention. Then I post later that I already know that, I just figured it was obvious, and I meant what I said generally, not as a specific scientific analysis. The only problem I see here is that I do not appear scientifically specific enough to be right to some people.

¬_¬

it's just that how you say things could be interpreted in other ways and not everyone knows you're saying it simplisticly and not saying all of it which can lead to misunderstanding and ignorance.

We read what you say, not what you think.

Well, everything I say gets explained eventually, does it not?

Back