Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cp evolution ideas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a cladogram of carnivorous genera in the Caryophyllales group of plants. Maybe the relationships are accurate, maybe they're not. Working out evolutionary relationships needs a lot of meticulous taxonomy & biochemistry work.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Jan. 25 2005,7:25)]Here's a cladogram of carnivorous genera in the Caryophyllales group of plants. Maybe the relationships are accurate, maybe they're not. Working out evolutionary relationships needs a lot of meticulous taxonomy & biochemistry work.
    Especially as scientifically ignored carnivorous plants are. Relative to the amount of research done on other plants.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thomas Edison was talking about inventing, but the the same can be said about science; it's 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration. Working out evolutionary relationships involves more than just looking at forms. I did a quick look for an example and found this - Evolutionary ecology of carnivorous plants - that relates nicely to this discussion and also includes the ever valuable list of references. People have probably posted it before, but I didn't notice.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Um, I don't understand the numbers on the cladogram.
    Anyone care to clarify them for me?
    T.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are the results of statistical tests (bootstrap analyses). Here's a website that tells more about the process, but doesn't actually give a nuts & bolts explanation. My knowledge of the subject is awfully shallow.
    Bruce in CT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12