What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Didn't know where to post so its going in general. i got my camera and took some macro shots of the plants.

d. adelae
it's looking a little down for some reason. its really tall with shorter leaves, what does that mean?
adelae_1_done2_copyrighted.jpg

lots of dew though
biggrin.gif

adelae_2_done_copyrighted.jpg

d. capensis
these are the ones that are growing in full water, they look a little dew-less because they are all flowering, but they are doing better than the capensis i have in soil. they grow at least 3 times as fast.
capensis_1_done_copyrighted.jpg

here are the flowers
capensis_flower_1_done_copyrighted.jpg

n. ventrata
the plant looks great even though my room is cold and dry (guess they are used to it) this should be its biggest pitcher yet.
ventricosa_unopened_1_done_copyrighted.jpg

There they are. I'd be cool to see other people plants, so post em here!!

Great pics!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]it's looking a little down for some reason. its really tall with shorter leaves, what does that mean?

Not enough light. That also happens if you use only HPS (stretching due to lack of blue light). My past experiences with pure HPS was nice compact leaves, but mad internodal spacing. I use a combination of compact fluoros and 400W HPS and it seems to supplement the blue light quite well.

Thanks for sharing!

I agree with Shok on both accounts. Nice pictures....Very interesting depth of field....did you do that on purpose, or was it just accidentally cool?

Also, I agree with the not enough light on the adeleae. The stretching you're referring has a name which escapes me right now (not enough coffee yet)...something like etiolation or something.

I like the Ventrata, i have a large pitcher open that may give you something to look foreward too. I'll take it today if i can. This rain is going to be a problem for pics though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (schloaty @ Jan. 26 2005,9:21)]I agree with Shok on both accounts. Nice pictures....Very interesting depth of field....did you do that on purpose, or was it just accidentally cool?
All on purpose. I got these done with a magnifying glass if you can belive, it's hard to find a macro lens for my camera. I've been wanting to get a Canon A-1 for a while now.

The tank is really bright though but as you can see in the pictures the light is really warm. Maybe a higher kelvin rating? i think its 3900 or something. I heard 6000 is a good rating.

Amateur Expert, why not buy an adapter for your cameras lens threads (if it has any) and get some macro lenses of your choice? Or is it an old one with no threads?

Back