What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reputations

• Thread starter Treaqum
  • Start date
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Gay? I didn't know. Or is it a questioning while you are still young? Thats pretty common.

No. Okay, I see I'm gonna have to get this straight (pun not intended but only just now realized).. I have been CALLED gay. By my grandmother. Only because I'm not an old-fashioned "love and obey" lady-like girlie type. I'm the redneck tomboy epitome and I take enormous pride in that. I love football. I wear boys' clothes alot. I go throughout life with the motto "Real women drive trucks". I have never worn makeup on purpose and don't intend to. To my grandmother, anyone who is like that is "gay". I declare, right here, right now, I am not gay. I am "Straight, but not narrow", in other words, I am straight, but I possess an open mind and I accept everybody and I know no prejudice, which is apparently strictly against the "family tradition", because most of the family, especially my grandparents, are narrow-minded and unbelievably prejudiced, negrophobic, homophobic, redneckphobic, old-fashioned people and it seriously burns me sometimes. To them, the fact that I'm extremely opinionated and open-minded makes me "stupid", because apparently they know everything and I know nothing and I will "learn someday" that they're right in being ignorant and narrow-minded. All I have to say is take a lesson from Big & Rich. Love Everybody.

Rant over.

Ahh! I got it now.

Old people are sometimes like that. It's because thats how it was when they formed opinions and most old dogs won't learn new tricks. My grandma is like that. I'm not a redneck fan but whatever......do what you do and do it the best.

Later
Joe

like my sig. says... "Young& old brains work differenty.Who is to say which is worse?"

[b said:
Quote[/b] (FlytrapGurl @ Feb. 10 2005,3:10)]To them, the fact that I'm extremely opinionated and open-minded makes me "stupid", because apparently they know everything and I know nothing and I will "learn someday" that they're right in being ignorant and narrow-minded. All I have to say is take a lesson from Big & Rich. Love Everybody.

Rant over.
Keep ranting, girl! And keep walking to the beat of a different drum(mer)!

I've got to say that everyone needs to worry about jimscott
smile_m_32.gif
He likes to start semi-controversial topics, like whether or not the toilet seat should be up or down, people who have illogical kids, where asterisks originate, etc. He's a troublemaker!
smile.gif

Thanks, Michelle!
smile_n_32.gif

Hmm I do nt think the People at the Tampa Bay Cp soctiey like me. I am not sure why but I know of at least three of them.

jimscotscoot, I do keep ranting, and I'll never stop ranting, but I had temporarily run out of crap just then. And it's DRUM.

Don't worry about me. Hostility from others and their attempts to break me only inflate my determination. I'm stubborn like that. There's no way I'll ever give in. In the immortal words of Fox Mulder, "That would make way too many people way too happy."

Back