What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which society to join...

Title says it all I wanted to join the CPS but am a little worried since they are overseas, and I might not get a newsletter if it gets stuck in the mail, I like the cps though because they have a much broader seed list, and they give you free seeds

icps

smile.gif

I would say CPS, whats this about a broader seed list?
confused.gif

Did you take a look at how many seeds CPS has?Definetly more then 350 different kinds of seeds!
Including rare things such as Drosophyllum, and rare Utricularia, Genlisea,Drosera and Sarracenia seed.

I can assure you it wont get stuck in the mail, you may have ot wait a bit longer, thats all.

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kirkscoastalcarnivores @ Jan. 31 2005,6:38)]... I wanted to join the CPS but am a little worried since they are overseas, and I might not get a newsletter if it gets stuck in the mail.
Not to worry: The CPS News is also published in PDF and e-mailed.

You can join both, actually. I was a proud member briefly of both the AU CP Society and the New Victorian CP Society, lol.

I would like to join both but maybe for starters you should try ICPS. Since I am ot a member of CPS I cannot tell you about them. But all ICPS people get back to you promtly. Does CPS publish new species/cultivars? I thought only ICPS did but maybe not.

New cultivars can be published in either, as well as other appropriate venues. The ICPS is the registrar, they keep the master list and determine if the publication met the criteria to validate it.

I was enrolled in the ICPS last year so I know what the ICPS is like I think I wanna try cps since they give you free seeds, as long as they dont cost too much I should try CPS

Back