What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missing usb drivers

• Thread starter mabudon
  • Start date

mabudon

Metal King
Okay, so for X-mas I got this "Mini Digi Cam" from Innovage- thing is, I can't get it to interact with my PC, due to device drivers which were neither in my system nor provided with the accompanying software- Does anyone know where I might find a "universal" type USB driver for such a thing???
I've tried looking quite a bit and haven't come across anything that will do the trick- I'm running Windows 98 SE if that makes any difference- Any help here would be hot, thanks in advance!!

PS I contacted the company responsible for the software included with it, and they said contact the hardware maker, which seem to be impossible in the case of Innovage

It should recognise it if you plug it in. Your USB drivers should be on your motherboard driver CD. If you can't find it and you know the chipset manufacturer, you should be able to download from their site. I have an Asus motherboard with a VIA chipset. Other chipsets are ALI, SIS, AMD, Nvidia NForce and Intel. Your motherboard chipset should be one of these 6 - visit their website.

The digicam might be too new for 98 to recognize it. Usually you can find drivers on the website of the company that makes the device. Plus there are websites devoted to just archiving drivers... so google away.

I have Win98SE also, and when I got a JumpDrive (fancy name for a memory chip that plugs into the USB port and acts like a tiny hard drive), I had to go to a website and down load the driver from there. Check your user manual, if you haven't already, to see if it gives a web site to download the driver from.

Thanks for the suggestions, I am still beating my head against the wall, I have an AMD-K6 3d processor, and I think I failed to install a bunch of stuff initially, so the driver packs they have won't load.....

And the company that made the device doesn't really seem to have anything other than a "sales" page, as Innovage looks to be some variant of Amway or something.....
You will know if I get it working, as I will begin to post grainy pics of tiny plants.... Thanks again!!

Back