What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great news!

I got a job! It's the graphic design job I was hoping for right in town! It's the place where I interned at.

My friend and I both did a logo for a male chorus in town (the owner of this place sings in it) while we were interning there. I talked to the art director a week ago or so and she told me they had picked mine. So I went in and asked the owner about that yesterday to see if they needed me to create another one for their tour. While I was in there I asked him about a job opening and he said there were none at the time.

We talked a little longer and he asked what I was doing now, and I told him I would probably freelance for a while.......he looked at me after that for a while, and told me he had freelanced as well right out of college. He must have remembered what it was like then.........he told me that he would send people to me if they had any overflow. I was greatful for that.

About a half hour later, I got a call from the art director there and she told me they had a position opening up! I start monday. He must have went right back there and talked to her about it. They aren't interviewing or anything, I'm just hired
biggrin.gif

It's part time right now, since they will train me in for a little bit, and they said I will work my may up to full time.

I can't tell you how relieved I am to have not only a job, but a job at the company I wanted to be at working with great people.

- Joel

Great news Joel! Congratulations!

Fantastic! Give it your very best!

Sounds like you really impressed them when you were an intern. Good work.

kick a$$ news man!

Congratulations!

Good for you. I am glad that you got the job you wanted. I hope that you will be very happy in it.

Wow...congratulations! And yay for graphic artists!
biggrin.gif

I'm glad you got a job you wanted. I hope it works out well for both you and the company. Woooooooooohooooooooo!
smile.gif

Many congratulations! I know how that feels!

Back