What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite genus of cp

Hi all.
I would have made this a poll, but it said that i couldn't. How can i do that?

Anyway, i just wanted to know what everyone's favorite genus of CP is.

Mine is Nepenthes.

well with over 30 "Lil Pots Of Moss" ill have to say Utrics

neps but sundews are close behind. I started growing my lanced leaf sundew under my N. Coccinca leaf for shade and the small plant took off. 4 weeks ago I had one in the pot and look unhealthy now with the shade I have 6 in same pot with more small babys coming up.

Drosera! How can you not love those little sparkling jewels!
biggrin.gif

I love all my CPs though. Each one has its own endearing qualities. Pings are often under-appreciated. I love them too with their fleshy leaves, slimey goo and beautiful flowers.

Everthing carnivorous!
smile.gif

Glenn

Hmmm... I'm stuck between Nepenthes and Drosera. Gotta love Drosera... ooo, shiny! *points and stares, making retarded noises*

It's really hard to say. I'd have a really hard time picking.

I love all of them.

I love the rainbow-like sheen from pings and sundews when the light hits them right. I love the flowers of utrics. I love the pitchers of sarracenia and nepenthes. And I love the sheer "gee-whiz" factor of VFTs.

It's like asking me which of my daughters is my favorite...

What a terrible question! I don't want to choose!
I love the graceful shape of the Heliamphora. The ecology and history behind the Nepenthes is fascinating. The diversity and savage efficiency of the Drosera is admirable. The novelty of Genlisea is hard to come by. I could probably make similar statements for the rest.
Maybe if someone were to help me flesh out my collection, I could make a more objective judgement... :p
~Joe

Sarracenia of course! Neps are great too, but are too high maintainance for me. I love looking at them and enjoying them in someone else's collection just the same. Heliamphoras too.

Drosera with Sarracenia a very close second.

Homer

Back