User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Weird news: gi joe is not safe in iraq

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw on the news that a terrorist group in iraq has reported on it's website that it has some "hostage". But when the photo was released the makers of a knock-off GI Joe type of 12" army figures said that it was not a real peron and actually a doll they made shown in the bad photo (which I saw). Terrorism is never funny but this is just stupid!

Edit: see the daily show repeats on thursday night (2-3-05) to catch a good parody on the story!

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it was a DRAGON military figure, ironically it was said by a company representative to be a special edition figure which was made to represent the troops currently over there

Finally an Iraq stroy where no-one dies needlessly, good job Josh (PS I am surprised how little attention this whole stroy got among the freaks online)
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andthe gun in the figure which is kinda pointing at the doll's head, it's the plastic gun that came with the doll! Lol!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a Dragon figure? I thought they gave some weird name for it. Shame on me for not paying more attention!

Dragon does make some great looking figs. I've been tempted by their medival warriors every time I go to the model shop! I had a link somewhere which compared Dragon's head sculpts to celebrities and many of them were right on but unofficial as in not approved by the celebrites. If I find it I'll post it - funny stuff!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it is obvious that the terrorist are getting desperate. We are doing something right!! Whoo Raa
    You don't need an iron chest if you have a sharp brain and a silk tongue.

GROWLIST
    Wolf's Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is action figure "Cody".
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (wolf9striker @ Feb. 03 2005,8:59)]Yeah it is obvious that the terrorist are getting desperate. We are doing something right!! Whoo Raa
    Yep. We are supplying them with toy action figures. Is that another Cheney/Halliburton subsidary with a no-bid contract?