What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The #1 reason not to poke a leopard with a stick

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
Hahahahaha, serves them right. Good for the kitty. ;)

so do you think this proves animals can reason? the leopard had a full chance to escape. personally i think that cat had one thing on its mind: REVENGE

Well, i do believe animals can reason to a point when instinct doesn't kick in. They just reason a bit differently than we do. If the kitty believed it was in much danger it would have fled. But i guess it reasoned this and felt that it was being threatened, especially in a confined space even the most timid of creatures have been known to attack. The cat was most likely just seeing the "poker" as a threat and chose to defend itself...could have been a little hungry from the ride too. ;)

It looks to me that the nice kitty was trying to jump up in the truck to thank the nice man for nursing it back to health, and for the nice time it had during it's stay. Also it wanted to give him a kiss goodbye. Some people are just a little touchy I guess.
cool.gif

actually from what ive read about leopards, mainly by those who hunted them and studied "man eaters", is that leopards basically have a one track mind. once they decide on something its near impossible to change their mind. there have been many cases where a maneater would go through a window of a house, step over several sleeping individuals to get to whomever it had decided to was going to be that nights main course reguardless if there was easier "victems" present.

another note on leopards, wounded they are about the most dangerous critter out there. a large number of "great white hunters" are full of scars from following up poorly shot leopard. if a hunter gut shoots his leopard, his guide has a pretty poor chance of coming out of the ordeal without the need to go to the nearest hospital to get patched up since a wounded leopard heads for the nastiest, dencest spot of brush he can find and you have to go see him, he aint going to come to you. have you ever seen a house cat hold something with its front paws and rapidly kick and scratch it with its hind legs? leopards do the same thing except they weight 150 pounds or more.

People pass how many McDonalds to get to some other restaurant they've decided on? We and jaguars have a lot in common. But people don't generally claw someone's innards out with their hindlegs.

herenorthere,

Sadly, i've seen some humans do much much worse things than a leopard doing that. ;)

Good for the leopard.
My next door neighbors lawn man used to toss key limes at my doberman...a really bad move.  It took St. Cloud Warlock three months to learn to climb the chain link fence.  It only took three seconds for the lawn man to learn to ignore the pain of climbing a very thorny key lime tree...where he stayed for about three hours till I got home.  
laugh.gif

LOL! Good for your dobie. Why people want to torture animals I don't know. Personally I think it is a sign of cowardice to pick on something "weaker" than yourself. Not that you'd say a leopard is weaker than a human...obviously!

I think everybody is missing a very big point here.
Without any other knowledge than the video, I would think that the people were trying to help the leopard. Either relocate it to a safer place or nursed it back to health. While the man made a bad judgment of poking it to get it out of the cage, they were trying to help it.
I agree with the statement about torturing weaker beings.
I try to never hurt, humiliate, or stress any creature for no reason. The only exception would be Andrew.

yes Ozzy, actually the video is on relocating a leopard. but it does look like to me they were poking it before the cage door was open.

see this here is a good example of natural selection at work, those who do not poke leopards with sticks do not get attacked by them and therefore survive to reproduce. Now the man in the video did not likely die due to modern medicine which means he may not be removed from the gene pool, atleast until he pokes another leopard with a stick. LOL

Back