Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to kill a cp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I have come to a conclusion that bragging will kill a cp (or any other plant). For instance: when I got my first oreophila I told everyone and was quite a bit egotisticall about it. 2 weeks later it was dead. Why? B/C a rhizome borer ate it. The only Sarr it killed or attacked was my oreo. If I brag about the size of my VFTs they shrink to an inch across or so. Anything I think Highly of dies or gets disreputated. I know others have had this experence. Something w/D. adelae ont he "what cp have you killed the most" thread. Post here about your "brags" that turned ugly. Maybe this will cure those ailing plants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    same thing here, when I first got my bulk shipment I bregged SOOO much it looked like they were dead so I eased up on them now they're recovering except one which I bragged that it was recovering I've learned my lesson
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RIP- To my ceph. When I sent it, the person who got it said that it wasn't in the pot. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmm, I have really bad luck so I have never bragged about my cps except maybe my their color, and then poof that particular trap gets eaten or broken. I won't brag about anything else for fear of loosing the whole plant.
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    to be perfectly honest i've never lost any neps, vft's, sarracenias, or droseras. I did lose ALL of my pings and my one ceph. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My drosera regia. Had it in a twelve inch pot, growing in bright shade. It took off and grew huge, leaves 30" long and one inch wide. The plant was actually catching yellow jackets, and winning. Of course, I was King Grower, Big Cheese, De Man!!!!! And I told everyone so. Within three days, regia was totally gone, the root a mass of goo. So much for being "De Man", and all those other guys too. Just grow, and watch what happens. That is pretty much all you can do.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, in the future, you should only deprecate your worthless, POS plants!

Then they'll thrive, if only to evolve enough to eat you...
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not exactly. But it sure lets you know that you don't know everything there is to know about the plants. Always plenty of room for error and lost plants, and it happens to everyone sooner or later. Always best when you get cocky, and too big for your britches!!!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast