Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Monkey Study

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What law are you refering to, and who enforces it? The Tween police?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What makes them preverted? you are applying a cultural belief of what is normal and acceptable and what is not. they are just reacting naturally to the signals they see, they may not even realize that they are only looking at pictures, they could believe the images are real, but thats a whole differnt topic. so why were you considering the monkeys preverted?
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Feb. 08 2005,7:32)]7 year old aren't legally allowed on forums... I think the age is 13 and over. Perverted is a pretty PG-13 word...
    dont think so, Kirkcoastalcarnivores(Kirk) was 12 or younger when he joined, and I was still 12 when I joined.
    But I still think 7 is a bit tooo young.
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we do not enforce an age here. look, it all comes down to whether or nto the topic title is in keeping with the spirit of the forums, it wasn't. there is nothing wrong with the word per-se, but the fact that it IS associated with concepts that petlyftrap and terraforums do not want to put forth. Were not knocking you or the article, we are taking a open minded stance on this and erring on the side of caution. what is so hard to understand about that?
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (a) ACTS PROHIBITED.—

(1) IN GENERAL.—It is unlawful for an operator of a website or online service directed to children, or any operator that has actual knowledge that it is collecting personal information from a child, to collect personal information from a child in a manner that violates the regulations prescribed under subsection (b).
    Quote[/b] ](B) making personal information collected from a child by a website or online service directed to children or with actual knowledge that such information was collected from a child, publicly available in identifiable form, by any means including by a public posting, through the Internet, or through—

(i) a home page of a website;

(ii) a pen pal service;

(iii) an electronic mail service;

(iv) a message board; or

(v) a chat room.
    It's unlawful for a (in this case) forum to collect information from a child. So if any kid on here that is under 13 has their e-mail or website in their profile, you guys at TF are actually violating a law. In general, you need to collect an e-mail address to contact the person. Which is why forums don't allow children below 13.

It's not that kids AREN'T allowed on forums, it's just illegal for the forum to allow the kid to give it to them or to post personal information, and the forum has to monitor the kids PM's to make sure he isn't giving it out, which is actually impossible to do, so under 13 not admitted.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well back to monkeys...
    My girlfriend is a graduate student in psychology at Yale. One of her fellow students gets paid to do magic tricks for monkeys. Now is that a dream job or what?
    Sturgeon's Law:
    "Nothing is always absolutely so".

http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102021

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Feb. 09 2005,4:08)](a) ACTS PROHIBITED.—

(1) IN GENERAL.—It is unlawful for an operator of a website or online service directed to children, or any operator that has actual knowledge that it is collecting personal information from a child, to collect personal information from a child in a manner that violates the regulations prescribed under subsection (b).
    Quote[/b] ](B) making personal information collected from a child by a website or online service directed to children or with actual knowledge that such information was collected from a child, publicly available in identifiable form, by any means including by a public posting, through the Internet, or through—

(i) a home page of a website;

(ii) a pen pal service;

(iii) an electronic mail service;

(iv) a message board; or

(v) a chat room.
    It's unlawful for a (in this case) forum to collect information from a child. So if any kid on here that is under 13 has their e-mail or website in their profile, you guys at TF are actually violating a law. In general, you need to collect an e-mail address to contact the person. Which is why some (most) forums don't allow children below 13.

It's not that kids AREN'T allowed on forums, it's just illegal for the forum to allow the kid to give it to them or to post personal information, and the forum has to monitor the kids PM's to make sure he isn't giving it out. Which is sort of hard to do, so kids under 13 are generally not allowed.
    if a kid as young as 7 came on here he woudlnt be allowed on a public forum without his mother or father or any other realative monitoring him.
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (kahnli @ Feb. 09 2005,4:19)]Well back to monkeys...
    My girlfriend is a graduate student in psychology at Yale. One of her fellow students gets paid to do magic tricks for monkeys. Now is that a dream job or what?
    Some poor monkey somewhere is trying to pull more coins out of his ear with no success.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast