What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone playing astrowars online?

I'm quite enjoying myself. It appears that me and my ally landed in the best part of the galaxy cause we have almost no contention except for a guy in my new system. When I destroy "mr. unknown" in the system the guy will either get scared or attack me.... I don't care either which way, just so long as I beat the heck outa him.

Well, no one's posted in this thread for a while, so since I have some new developments, I figure I'll see if I can kick things off again!
Well, I got a friend playing, so we'll see how he does... If he does... I've played some MOO with him before - though he's still played not nearly as much as me
smile_m_32.gif
- If he actually decides to play, I'll get him to post here again -he's posted here a few times before-.
So, things have taken a turn for the best for me, my foot is in the door against my enemy. He made the fatal mistake of wasting all of his PP on ships and no defenses. I send in two fleets, one of about 60 to one planet, then 100 to another (a few hours later so he'd have time to hopefully over compensate for the first attack opening up this planet). Things went better than I would have expected. The casualties on my side were all minimal and I actually broke through the defenses of BOTH planets. Now I just need to reduce the populations and he'll be nice and crippled. I made a nice few experience from the whole thing and hopefully this means I'll be able to take this guy out of comission before he ever gets to make any cruisers. See- that's what happens when you neglect making star bases. So, as things progress, I'll let you all know how things are going. I can tell you that things are looking up though, the next star system (in which I already own two planets) is not only a pushover but extremely close to my star system. Things are looking up right now, if I play it smart, they'll keep on lookin' up, wish me luck! And good luck to all of you! And remember to post your progress!
smile_m_32.gif

Nothing is happening around me yet (thankfully). I have just about seiged every weak player around me, and kept a few destroyers to restrict them from makeing anything else. I've expanded to another system, too. Now, I'm focused on killing some guy in a nearby system with 4 planets, and later,when I'm level 4, I'm going to round up the allies to kill a pretty strong star system. Zongyi

well, the hammer still seems to be dangling over me, my enemies haven't comitted to attack me, but haven't accepted me into an alliance yet either... so.. still wondering how that will turn out..

Hammer is falling.

09:50:22 - Mar 04 Attention !!! We have evidence of an incoming fleet around that time.
8 Transports
600 Destroyer
going to attack Epsilon Arkab Prior 4!
We suppose its the Fleet of zizie.
04:15:10 - Mar 04 Attention !!! We have evidence of an incoming fleet around that time.
136 Destroyer
15 Cruiser
65 Battleship
going to attack Epsilon Arkab Prior 3!
We suppose its the Fleet of Soulvade.
02:05:43 - Mar 04 Attention !!! We have evidence of an incoming fleet around that time.
576 Destroyer
53 Battleship
going to attack Epsilon Arkab Prior 2!
We suppose its the Fleet of evildido.
01:21:19 - Mar 04 Attention !!! We have evidence of an incoming fleet around that time.
685 Destroyer
going to attack Epsilon Arkab Prior 1!
We suppose its the Fleet of titouX.

time to cut an run.

So how's everyone doing so far? I have just about finished off half of the systems around me by seiging just about everyone. The other half is my allies. I also have some alliance thats been chased by some bigger alliance set up camp near my system. This isn't good because the bigger alliance will follow them, and I don't want to draw too much attention towards me.

So has any of you reached bio 23 yet? Zongyi

lol Bio has been the very least of my concerns. Actually, I'm leveling up right now since things are stable. Quite stable in fact! 2 unofficial alliances, my star system is gonna be all under my command soon, I just want to let my ally in there to get some experience so that he can become a high enough level to join an official alliance. I can get all levels of ships by now, and there are 2 systems that are near that are ripe for the plucking. Things are looking up!

The people around me a getting strong, and I am feeling somewhat weak... I need to broaden my horizons!.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Zongyi_Yang @ Feb. 25 2005,1:27)]Wow, 1000 destroyers? Thats scary. I have about 40 at each system around me destroying starbases to level up. If you do restart, you can try to restart a few more times and there is a small chance that you will end up beside me (there is a number of new planets to my right). Right now, culture is getting me stuck.

Rampuppy, if your gonna restart, dont take the canned one, they almost never get to the top. Try focusing on being a farmer or a warrior (the latter is more fun, but the first usually gets the top 10s). Zongyi
COUGH that dude is a hacker COUGH

I want to play this game, but have no idea what to do.. any links  on how to start and how everthing works?
confused.gif

PS: ram, what keyboard do you have again?

not sure how what keyboard I have matters to this thread, but it's a microsoft ergo with extra buttons up top (that I don't use).

That dued is a hacker? I think not, I could have easiliy had 1000 destroyers at that point in my game if I had not taken any losses, more if I had trade agreements to pump up my economy. You shouldn't comment on something you don't yet understand!
smile.gif

As far as links, they have I think already been posted.

Oh, and my 'cut and run' fleet which was my last hope arrived at a newly colonized system (wasn't colonized when I left) I took it out, invaded, and then while I was sick, the former owner, who, I can't imagine why, decided he was angry and wiped out the colony. Game Over.

I haven't restarted yet, I am waiting for a few other people to get whipped so we can try starting together.

I may be getting close. The guy beside my system whos equally as strong as me just agitated some of my fleets that I was holding seige on another nearby system, releasing some guy that was seiging and all his revenge filled fury. I will send a massive wave at the guy who was once seiged very soon, but my force will be weakend by his starbases and it may set me back for the first guy to attack. Zongyi

Anyone dare to post the links again? I don't think I can wade thorugh and read 100 long posts to find a half dozen links
smile_m_32.gif

Count me in when you start, we should round up some more people before doing it though.

"The cp clan" lol

No matter how close we register I don't think we'll place near eachother. If it was like that people would simply create multiple accounts within an hour and own an entire solar system
smile_l_32.gif

Also, the reason I asked you about the keyboard was Ive been lookin for a "healthier" keyboard and had read you had one of those ergo keyboards.. Does this one look any good?

http://www.airtech.net/micelnatkey.html

is it usb or ps2?

*death chant* I think I am going to need to resign.... I am by far the weakest in my area... I just don't want to start ALL over again! UGH!

I read a post on the forums and I think they said you would have to start in seconds from each other to actually be close. Zongyi

Back