What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone playing astrowars online?

RamPuppy

Anyone playing astrowars?

For those not familiar (probably all of you) it is an online multiplayer strategy game. each game lasts for months, it is not a game for the impatient twitch reaction crowd, and more than anything it's a way to pass a few minutes here and there every day.

If you ever played Master of Orion, you'll like this, it's a watered down version. The game is text only, but still a lot of fun.

You start off with one colony planet in a star system with 12 planets, you research, build, and colonize and yes, go to war, invade and so on. Your goal is of course, to be the top dog.

It starts really slow, but picks up (by slow I mean your first day will consist or making one or two moves, and reading a short faq and glossary. It DOES pick up. You can make alliances, so if you join in at nearly the same time as others here, you may end up being in a prime alliance spot. (you will be to weak to have an official alliance at startup.)

Anyhow, give it a whirl if it interests you. the only benefit I get from bringing you guys this wonderful news is half a point towards raising the culture of my civilization.
smile.gif
so, really, nothing whatsover!
smile.gif

Astrowars

Here's your half a point. Now how about we align.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]...If you ever played Master of Orion, you'll like this...

That sentence right there got me
smile_m_32.gif
I suppose I have to check it out now
smile_n_32.gif
Btw, did you ever play the third one, if so, what'd you think about it? Anyone else played any of the Master of Orion games??

Yeah, I played the third one... My first game was in the biggest galaxy, I played for 2 weeks and decided to go after orion, imagine how happy I was there was a game bug that prevented me from invading the planet?

Quicksilver entertainment is the worst thing that ever happened to the MOO franchise, I despise them, I rabbidly followed the development of MOO3 for 2 years and was rewarded with a game that was nothing like advertised, it was horrible, buggy, not nearly as innovative as they said, and I was so mad I ended up throwing the playdisc across the room and breaking it.

That being said, I will probably pick it up in a bargain bin sometime and apply the 3rd party patches and see if it gets any better. I can beat MOO2 on it's hardest settings without breaking a sweat.

Ozzy, you won't be able to ally until you have a higher player rating (I can't do it yet either.) that being said, If we can find each other in the universe, heck ya we will ally.

I decided to try it because I'd been looking for a new game to play. I am getting kinda addicted to the game and it is still in its SLOW stage. Anyway, thanks for showing me a new game, and heck maybe we will run into each other in the middle of space one day.... ok not likely but oh well.

I am launching my first invasion today...

"Have fun stormin' the castle boys!"
smile.gif

-the princess bride

ooooooo Pincess Bride.... One of the great classics of our time. As for your invasion good luck. I dunno what part of the galaxy you are on but PLEASE don't attack planets owned by wcr15. I'm taking precautions to protect myself from you LOL. What is your user name? I will be landing to colonize a new planet tomorrow my first ever. I hope it works out well.

We need to form the TF alliance when we can
smile_n_32.gif
I'm slowly coming to grips with how to play, so maybe we can some day
smile_m_32.gif

I am going by RamPuppy in the game, and I am currently solidifying my lone star system... don't worry, I am not a warmonger, I just don't want anyone else in my home star, so some whoopage has to occur.

Est, your username is Est right? Well you have a planet in my system but it appears to be under siege (highlighted in red means it's under siege right?). Uh... oops, I just checked and the planet has been taken over by unknown. I checked local systems and he seem to be warhungry against weeker players.

unknown is, by my understanding, a player that has been idle for more than 7 days. I could be wrong though.

My invasion was a partial success, I dropped the population of two worlds down to 1 because my culture wasn't high enough for the planets to be absorbed into my empire, his thrid planet is now another jewl in my empire, and I have advanced to Player Level 1.

Hopefully, I will be able to see some of you guys soon, for your benefit or detriment!
smile.gif
lol... jk.

Hey, I tried it out and its kinda fun. My username is Integrate1 . Just dont kill me :p . I have no clue as to what to do, exept build em farms. Is there any walkthrough or some help site? Thanks. Zongyi

there is a faq, glossary, and forums I believe you can access from the login screen.

After a while of stumbleing, I have found the FAQ
biggrin.gif
. Zongyi

Edit: oh, and can I build more than one building at a time?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Est, your username is Est right? Well you have a planet in my system but it appears to be under siege (highlighted in red means it's under siege right?). Uh... oops, I just checked and the planet has been taken over by unknown. I checked local systems and he seem to be warhungry against weeker players.

Well, I hadn't quite figured out the details of playing yet, lol... Well, in any case I'm up and running in another star system
smile_n_32.gif
Now, shhh, no one ever needs to know what happened... Wait.. Why am I posting this on a public board??
confused.gif
smile_n_32.gif

Est, you resigned your old star system or got defeated right? there is no tolerance policy on having multiple accounts.

Yes, you can build 2 buildings or more at once. when you click on SPEND POINTS, above all your construction options there is a row that has a text box in it, you can tell it exactly how many points you want to spend there.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Est, you resigned your old star system or got defeated right? there is no tolerance policy on having multiple accounts.

No problem, after your resign you get to start a new colony, I'm not playing on multiple accounts, and I didn't need tor recreate my account, so I'll assume that it's all good.

yeah, you should be all good.

Hmm, I seem to be building lv 13 hydroponic farm. I thought it was supposed to go one level at a time? I think I acidentally spent all my points on the farm. Is there a way to limit the amount of points I spend on one building? Zongyi
Edit: Nevermind, I found out how. I just resigned and started over because I spend all my points on a farm.
Another Edit: Rampuppy, I'm pretty close to your star system....

I have formed relations with one guy in my system but I have sent the other guy pms trying to establish relations with him... He hasn't replied.... for ignoring me, our system will be down to two occupants soon. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I ran a search on all you guys and Zongyi is the closest one to me and he is a LONG way away! LOL

As for unknown, he got booted by the guy that I'm gonna boot. I just have to build a fleet, that I know can protect me and destroy him.

Back