What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gmt

• Thread starter Wesley
  • Start date

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
I ran a search but I couldn't figure it out. Can someone please post GMT hours and their "ordinary"(ie 1:00PM, 2:00PM, etc) counterparts? Thanks.

Eastern Standard Time = GMT - 5

It's 8:57 AM here in CT, so it's 1:57 PM GMT.

huh?

let me see
say its 10 EST
its 9 CST
8 GMT
7 on the west coast

You can look at all the GMT times in your little windows timezone set box. Double click the little clock on the bottom right of your windows task bar. Then select the time zone tab. click the little triangle on the right of the box and the whole list will drop down.

You should see all the US zones etc. Arizona is listed seperately because it doesn't observe daylight savings or something like that..They are strange out in the desert. Too much sun I figure.

Indiana doesn't observe daylight savings time either.

True.. there are other areas that don't use daylight savings time. Arizona needed to be teased since they were singled out by Microsoft.

The other thing you can do is look in the phonebook for overseas time info. In the beginning somewhere are the country dialing codes along with a + or - to adjust your own time with.

Lithopsman GMT is not the same as MST (mountain standard time)

true, I forgot. Must be something about it being 30*F when we are a desert people (albeit with more common sense)
smile_m_32.gif

A bill was introduced in the CT state legislature to have us stay on daylight savings time year-round. If that happens, it'll make us the opposite of Arizona in every possible way.

the time zone here is GMT, GMT+1 when the clocks go forward by one hour in Spring.

Thanks

Back