Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Racism

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, and an interesting tangent that occured to me via the walmart topic...

Nationalism... sometimes nationalism can be as bad as racism. Case in point, in the IT industry many people over the last few years have lost their jobs to Indian companies that come in and offer brute force programming, typically you have 10 americans doing a job, an indian company gets the contract, 9 of those americans lose their job, 3 or 4 indians come in to work with the client directly in the US, they are usually lead programmers, back in India, they have a programming staff of 30 or so people to brute force the labor out.

What has this led to? It hit's americans and in this case, well paid white colar americans, where it really hurts, the wallet. I have heard so many belittleing names for indians in the last 5 years It makes my head spin. I don't neccissarily think it is racism, though, that is the easiest way to define it, but where racism comes from fear and the desire to have power over someone (i think) this comes from anger, jealousy, feelings of broken trust and loyalty, depression and despair.

Interesting side bar.
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Racism?? Not me! I don't like to run, therefore, I am not a racist!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you have no idea how tempted I was to post that bugweed!
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry RP. I just couldn't resist.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (altrade212 @ Feb. 11 2005,6:06)]how do you feel with racism against african americans? i just watched "Men of Honor" GREAT movie... i really felt bad of how they used to treat african americans it was so evil, i just get real emotional when it comes to that, everytime i see vedios and hear about it, see documentries and movies i get very emotional.. i just wanted to know your views on racism (since its black history month i figured it was appropriate)..
    You didn't expect anybody to say, "Yeah, racism is great!", did you?

As for me, I honestly don't understand why skin color has any more significance than eye color or hair color.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Racism doesnt just have to be towards people from Africa, as most of you know I am Bosnian, and I have been racially abused because of that.

Action should be taken to reduce racism, and people should accept everyone no matter where they are from.
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good point Starman, and it also needs to be noted, that just noting the differences between races does not constitute racism either.

ZappaFan, I have heard what you are saying before. Bigger Cranium Schmanium, I bow to the intelligence of many people in other races that far exceeds my own. While an interesting point, I don't want anyone to take what you said the wrong way.

Also, I hardly accept that caucasians will be extinct by 2100, I plan on living to at least 100 (2075), and know pretty much for a fact my kids will have either blonde or red hair, blue eyes, and white skin, they will most certainly be alive at the next century mark.

Also, something to be understood about genetics, is that it doesn't all go one way, I know a stunning young lady that I work with that is 'african american' for 5 generations on both sides of her family that has amazing green eyes (not contacts). Personally, I think some of the most beautiful people I have ever seen (both men and women) have been of highly mixed heritage, I am not talking one or two races, but 3 or 4, or 5. oh, and races don't go extinct, species do. And we are all the same, just different sports of the same genetic tree if you will.

I am proud of my heritage, sounds like you are too, but would have no problem with a completely homogenistic society springing up.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast