Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Racism

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I could care less who my kids mate with, as long as they are good and decent people It doesn't matter. neither does it matter to me that it took my friends green eyes 5 or more generations to reassert themselves.

Certainly DNA tests will show differences between races, and I acknoweldge that, big whoop. We are different, that's a good thing. If in the future we aren't so different, I dont think it will be a bad thing.
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must agree with Bugweed, if we were all (and this sounds goofy but it's what I think) the same because we were all similarly different (told ya) everything would be sweet... it really is like that now, but there are still enough distinct differences to make it easy for the less observant types to make up group-based theories

Like what tropics (I think, pages ago) said, there are some places on earth where there are so many different groups that it would take more time than anyone has to effectively "hate" any one group

The town where I live just happens to be (pretty much widely accepted as) the main terminus for the Underground Railroad

As such, there are many,many people who settled here and built communities at the same time as folks form old Europe were immigrating into the area.... the people right next door to me are black and they are sweet people, I actually want to ask them about their heritage but have not found the opportunity- I find that really getting to know people who's experience is different from your own is one of the best ways to improve yourself.. I have friends from every continent (except antartica, natch), I shop at Middle Eastern grocery stores (one run by Lebanese people, one by Libyans with whom I've had pretty interesting political discussins with)
    I don't know what my life would be like if I hadn't opened my eyes, but it would not be anywhere near as full and meaningful as it is had I adopted the attitudes of many around me while I was growing up
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read that certain genetic diseases are present in man because there was a poor mixing of genetics early on due to smaller groups of people. It's a scientific fact that you are more likely to be attracted to someone with differing genes (not to do with skin colour - that's just a small batch of chromosomes) due to the pheromonal signals that you unconsciously pick up.

There's an experiment where 10 females were ranked regarding the difference between their genes and that of the test subject. The women wore T-shirts for a couple of days and they were then put in jars and numbered 1-10. The tester sniffed the T-shirts in the jars and arranged the jars in the order in which he liked the smell. When the numbers on the jars were revealed it showed that he had arranged them in a perfect 1-10 order. 1 being the smell he liked the most and this was the female with the most differing genes. Female 10 had very similar genes.
    Alexis Vallance, U.K.
    Plant gallery
    Grow list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I both think people of "mixed" heritage are the most attractive, but we're each stuck with a white spouse.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fifty years from now we'll probably be able to visit our friendly neighborhood cosmetic surgeon and make our eyes orange and our skin blue for a week if we feel so inclined. We'll be less and less concerned with losing genes through breeding as they become more and more malleable. And then we'll find whole new silly things to be prejudiced about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The good thing about this and other cp forums is no one can be racist because now one know anything about you (except you like cps).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    zappafan, consider it evolution of the human race. What you are saying only pertains to the united states though because remember, the whites here came from europe. You don't have to worry about "whites" being whipped out. "White" is a generic term for a white american, even though that white american came from Europe (Germany, Russia, Spain, Italy, France, etc). No one knows the exact genes for the color of eyes and things like that, it hasn't been squared out yet. You've seen a study that calls (white people's, specifically) eye color recessive?
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast