Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Racism

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (RamPuppy @ Feb. 12 2005,5:05)]races don't go extinct, species do. And we are all the same, just different sports of the same genetic tree if you will.
    couldn't of said it better myself.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    zappafan where did you get this information about whites having larger craniums? i would love to see this because i have read more anthropometry(human measurements) articles than i want to name that have found that there is not significant differnce between what we humans have constructed as "races".

Also in the attempts of science of old to prove that white eurpeans were the most intellegent, highest evolved etc... they did all sorts of studies to try to show differences between the "races". The final conculsion when the results of the legitamate tests were compiled were this. There is more variation with groups for traits like skin color than there is between "races". in essence the "scientists" disproved themselves. Also they fabricated alot of reports (which is what i fear your source for the whites having larger craniums is) which they believed would bloster their beliefs and support their racist view.

The bottom line here is "race" is a human construct, it does not exist scientificly. It has been tried and disproved many times. there are certain traits that people often associate with "races" but they are usally the traits that we use to construct the "race" in the first place.

just remember there is only one species, and we are all humans.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh i forgot on craniums, europeans do tend to have more elongated skulls, while most other geographic regions have more round skulls, but even this is highly variable and europeans with very round skulls can be found and non-europeans with elongated skulls can be found.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in my opinion, its gotten way better! here in new york, racism is'nt even an issue..as far as i know

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    racism in new york city is more underlying and "unfashionable". It's not "cool" to be racist, here, in this very social atmosphere (at least with this generation), and the people who ARE racist don't show it, for the fear of being outcast... In small groups, you still hear it sometimes.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but down south, i hear its still pritty bad.. it gives the south a real bad name, very unprofessional, people would take a mistake from a person and blame it on their whole "race".. im very opoen minded to anyone, like martin luther king once said "judge someone not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character" but...im sorry i really hate purple people..darn teletubies

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think people need to look at the true meaning of racism. People think that if you notice the difference between your race and another you're a racist. That's not true. Racism is when you hate another person because they belong to another race. Just because you note the difference or want your kids to marry a person of the same race doesn't mean you hate the other races.
    There's a song by the band Anthrax that says" If we were blind and had no choice, would we hate each other by the tone of our voice?"

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Racism?? Not me! I don't like to run, therefore, I am not a racist!
    OH this topic is about racing? Opps. I like NASCAR, so does that mean I'm a racist?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must admit I am predjudiced. I hate all jackass'. However, I dislike them equally!!!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast