What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Racism

• Thread starter altrade212
  • Start date
[b said:
Quote[/b] (RamPuppy @ Feb. 12 2005,5:05)]races don't go extinct, species do. And we are all the same, just different sports of the same genetic tree if you will.
couldn't of said it better myself.

zappafan where did you get this information about whites having larger craniums? i would love to see this because i have read more anthropometry(human measurements) articles than i want to name that have found that there is not significant differnce between what we humans have constructed as "races".

Also in the attempts of science of old to prove that white eurpeans were the most intellegent, highest evolved etc... they did all sorts of studies to try to show differences between the "races". The final conculsion when the results of the legitamate tests were compiled were this. There is more variation with groups for traits like skin color than there is between "races". in essence the "scientists" disproved themselves. Also they fabricated alot of reports (which is what i fear your source for the whites having larger craniums is) which they believed would bloster their beliefs and support their racist view.

The bottom line here is "race" is a human construct, it does not exist scientificly. It has been tried and disproved many times. there are certain traits that people often associate with "races" but they are usally the traits that we use to construct the "race" in the first place.

just remember there is only one species, and we are all humans.

oh i forgot on craniums, europeans do tend to have more elongated skulls, while most other geographic regions have more round skulls, but even this is highly variable and europeans with very round skulls can be found and non-europeans with elongated skulls can be found.

in my opinion, its gotten way better! here in new york, racism is'nt even an issue..as far as i know

racism in new york city is more underlying and "unfashionable". It's not "cool" to be racist, here, in this very social atmosphere (at least with this generation), and the people who ARE racist don't show it, for the fear of being outcast... In small groups, you still hear it sometimes.

but down south, i hear its still pritty bad.. it gives the south a real bad name, very unprofessional, people would take a mistake from a person and blame it on their whole "race".. im very opoen minded to anyone, like martin luther king once said "judge someone not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character" but...im sorry i really hate purple people..darn teletubies

I think people need to look at the true meaning of racism. People think that if you notice the difference between your race and another you're a racist. That's not true. Racism is when you hate another person because they belong to another race. Just because you note the difference or want your kids to marry a person of the same race doesn't mean you hate the other races.
There's a song by the band Anthrax that says" If we were blind and had no choice, would we hate each other by the tone of our voice?"

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Racism?? Not me! I don't like to run, therefore, I am not a racist!

OH this topic is about racing? Opps. I like NASCAR, so does that mean I'm a racist?

I must admit I am predjudiced. I hate all jackass'. However, I dislike them equally!!!

[/QUOTE]There's a song by the band Anthrax that says" If we were blind and had no choice, would we hate each other by the tone of our voice?"
wow thats deep... whats the name of that song?

Neanderthals had larger craniums (brain capacity) than modern humans. Does that mean they were more intelligent than us??
smile_l_32.gif

ALtrade, I have do disagree with you. You should read my second post on page two of this thread. In the south there is a very vocal racist group called the KKK. But that doesn't mean that most people in the south feel the same way.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]but down south, i hear its still pritty bad.. it gives the south a real bad name, very unprofessional, people would take a mistake from a person and blame it on their whole "race"
There are people like that everywhere. Just because you hear that is true doesn't make it true. As I stated in my second post, I have lived in the south and the north, and I have met more racist people above the Mason Dixon line than below it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]martin luther king once said "judge someone not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their characte

I think you should open your mind a little more to include people in the south. To me it sounds like you're one of the people that blames the whole south for being racist, because you've heard of the actions of a few.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]but...im sorry i really hate purple people..darn teletubies
I agree, but please don't leave out Barney.

sorry if it seemed that way, i have a teacher and she tells me in the south its still pritty bad, i took her word for it. and i also heard when colin powell was told he should run for president, he got MANY theats from the south, so he rejected the offer.. dident mean to single you out there buddy... i hear some people even still have the confederate flag up..

and barney is the first to go down..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (altrade212 @ Feb. 12 2005,1:43)]
There's a song by the band Anthrax that says" If we were blind and had no choice, would we hate each other by the tone of our voice?"
wow thats deep... whats the name of that song?
I'm almost sure the song is "Scisim" from the album State of Euphoria

If you want a real look into thier veiws on racism, check out the Presistence of Time cd. Check out the song "Keep it in the Family" off that album

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Neanderthals had larger craniums (brain capacity) than modern humans. Does that mean they were more intelligent than us??
smile_l_32.gif

really good point shokuchuu

[b said:
Quote[/b] (altrade212 @ Feb. 12 2005,2:04)]sorry if it seemed that way, i have a teacher and she tells me in the south its still pritty bad, i took her word for it. and i also heard when colin powell was told he should run for president, he got MANY theats from the south, so he rejected the offer.. dident mean to single you out there buddy... i hear some people even still have the confederate flag up..

and barney is the first to go down..
Don't worry about it. Alot of people think that the south is full of racist, and everybody there are in the KKK, and so on.

I wonder where your teacher got her info from. Has she even been in the south?
I haven't heard that about Colin Powell. But if it's true, I'm sure it was from a very vocal minority. Before the war in Iraq, I would have voted for Powell.

A few weeks ago a white guy went into a gas station and assaulted the cashier just because he was black and the gas station is in a all white town. That happened in Vermilion Ohio. But if that happened in Mississippi, it probably been on the national news. Since it was in ohio, nobody even heard about it. Like I said before if you are looking for something, you're find it. When the media goes into the south, looking for racism, they will find it. I would love to see a news station to do a show where they go to towns in the south and north to see which is more racist.

Yes, there are people who still fly the Confederate flag. It's not a symbol of hate. It's just the flag that was used by Confederate states. The KKK has used this flag and that is why people think of hate when they see it. I have one in my front yard, and I live in Ohio.

I currently live in the south, and I rarely hear of racism. It is a definate minority but that minority if a very loud minority. The KKK is usually related to the deep south. As for blacks... I think they have officially been outnumbered by the Hispanics. I do not really think that Hispanics get singled out like the blacks did. They were very unfortunate, and many are still healing. I am personally not racist in any way(or at least not that I know of), otherwise I'd be in HUGE trouble... My sister is engaged to a black man. They are complet opposites and yet so much the same.

P.S. DOWN WITH BARNEY!!!!!

Did you see I mentioned brain/cranial capacity (aka the interior)? (On AVERAGE, Neanderthals=1600cc, us=1300cc.) Yes, the whole brain:body ratio comes into play (so does ambient temperature), but not all people of certain origins are of similar physical stature. What I'm trying to say is, brain size has NO influence on intelligence.

As far as the KKK go, it's not only in the south. Michigan has a reputation.

I read somewhere that Albert Einstein had a smaller than normal brain. I can't that it's true, but it's something to think about.
Also I've read that the smartest race are Asians, I can't verify that either, but they seem to have the smallest heads.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (zappafan @ Feb. 12 2005,3:03)]Bone density has alot to do with cranium interior space. The bone density of a neanderthal is most probably thicker than a modern caucasians. The exterior appearance of the neanderthals skull would suggest larger cranium space without factoring in the restriction of bone density in the interior. Like an optical illusion we see the exterior and assume the interior space must be larger. Also, like thin rind watermelons as opposed to thicker rind watermelons. You cannot tell a thin rind watermelon from the exterior.Blacks are supposed to have greater bone density than whites and therefore more restricted interior cranium space. Also blacks have higher testosterone levels than whites and have been said to be more aggressive for that reason. I do not believe the constitution allows for the suppression of the confederate flag as a historical symbol. That flag has definately been under attack and many people would like us to just associate it only with racism. I think that could be considered revisionist history., Yes I have studied these things but can't remember where I have read everything. Please do not label me because I am proud of my white heritage. Labelling is the easiest thing to do and happens much to frequently to people who hold differing views. Concerning races and species, what I am implying is this, yes we are all humans. But consider the vft. The vft has many forms which take on different genetic traits. For instance the "sport" all green is definately a recessive gene. If you took out all the sports/mutants(those with recessive genes) out of the gene pool they will hardly resurface in the future. If you rogue out Dentate from the gene pool(not allowing it to breed/pollinate) you have practiced what is known as natural selection. Tomato plants generally have "regular leaf" and it is dominant over the recessive "potato leaf" and "rugose leaf" plants. Exterior differences(looks/morphology) are all based on interior genetic differences.
You're right, but saying that white's mixing with others and their "recessive" genes being whipped out is bad is your opinion.

White people's eye color recessive? Explain.

It doesn't matter if an animal has a larger cranium or not, even if it can hold more room. It makes no difference. It's what's inside that counts.

Back