Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New england cps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talk all you want, Z5. I do grow some of the native species, as you asked. Infact, I have (or had before winter....Sping will tell if I still have them, lol) D. rotundifolia, D. filliformis and S. purpurea ssp. purpurea (from Mass, beleive it or not). I had D. intermedia, but I think it bit the bullet....who know? Maybe it will be back come spring.

Scotty, that's cool that you're getting a yard. I had a garden back at the condo, but it was enough to experiment last year with mulching my window box-bog. I wouldn't worry about the temps....All my VFT's survived the winter, mulched under a measly 3" of REPTILE BEDDING FOR CRYING OUT LOUD (not recommended). We had a cold spell like you wouldn't beleive last winter....One night hit -35 (wind chill I think, but STILL...what a night to loose your heat...), and they made it. The purpurea died, but it was almost dead in the fall anyway. The flava made it ok, and so did the <common hybrid who's name escapes me right now>, but that fell victim to some blight or other over the summer.
    I do think the idea of using just a few plants the first year is a good one.

17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dave, What happened to that beautiful moorei you got from me?? Is it well? Have you put it outside to try it in the bog garden?
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    um could any body help a newbie out and perhaps give me a free plant? i know, i know, its alot to ask, trust me if i had something to trade, i would! but unless ur intrested in a lone vft(my first and only cp) or other plants, i dont have anything to offer. also i want you guys to share ur wealth of knowelge! i am a spunge, i need to get ready to grow cps, for the summer, prepare for my bog garden(id like to get some cps, before i put the garden in) also, can i put the cps in with other bog plants like irises and others or should i seperate them with a liner?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Z5 -

Where are you located? The NECPS (www.NECPS.org) meetings are usually the 2nd Saturday of the month and there really are some terrific and rare plants to be snapped up there. Just last Saturday, the topic was taking Nepenthes cuttings and everyone who wanted one went home with a N. alata cutting! Many of the people carpool so let someone know if you would like a ride.

If you would like more info, the NECPS will have a booth at this weekends Rhode Island Flower & Garden Show in Providence, Rhode Island. Because it's an informative booth (with a lesser fee than a commercial one) we are not allowed to sell plants at the show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bug,

It's still sleeping. Did just fine last year on the front stoop...However, my sunlight was limmited to about 5 or 6 hours. I'll get at least 8 or 9, hopefully more (don't know how far the trees' shadows will go) direct, blazing sun this year. I haven't put in the bog yet....Have you ever tried diggin frozen ground? Not for this guy!

Z5,
    It's generally frowned upon for people ask for free stuff...Though we'll let it slide since you're new [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    If you troll the trade forum, there are often giveaways when people's stock just explode from a good seed collection, or whatever.

17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    frowned upon? i thought that was part of it? (of course for the people who r experinced they trade) and to get back on subject can anybody answer some of my qestions? one more thing, bill im located in marlboro massachusetts which is 15 minutes east of wocester.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    frowned upon? i thought that was part of it? (of course for the people who r experinced they trade) and to get back on subject can anybody answer some of my qestions? one more thing, bill im located in marlboro massachusetts which is 15 minutes east of wocester.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    opps! sry bout the double post!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast