Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Myths

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oy... I even said that I think one shapes the other. the differences in sex shape culture and culture shapes the differences in sex.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    myth - real men dont cry

its a myth but of course id never let enyone see me cry if i did, thad be a sing of weakness, and that would make me sick

a odd myth amoung some females is the beleif that big nose/feet/ears/hands big u-know what
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Finch @ Feb. 16 2005,10:55)]myth - real men dont cry

its a myth but of course id never let enyone see me cry if i did, thad be a sing of weakness, and that would make me sick

a odd myth amoung some females is the beleif that big nose/feet/ears/hands big u-know what
    big tissue/socks/earmuffs/gloves?
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Finch @ Feb. 16 2005,10:30)]myths about distruction of the earth but not as specific as the distruction of teh eath by floods and only two people are left sort of statement that was originaly stated,

distruction of the earth- yes, most cultures have them.
    Actaully it wasn't two people, but for you sake I will say that it was supposedly more than two people. As for world destruction by flood or natural disaster it couldve happened it could not have happened. There is no way for sure to know.

It is evolution that states that a meteor(sp) destroyed the dinosaurs right? I'm just asking, I'm not making a point, I've just always wondered. Did it destroy the world, or just cause whatever it was to kill the dinosaurs off?

Back to myths: DaRnit.... I had one and then I forgot it!!!!!! Don't ya hate when that happens. As for the myth about women getting lost in there own house. That would be a REALLY big house!!!! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] I have gotton lost in my house, but I wasn't awake enough so I had a good excuse.
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]It is evolution that states that a meteor(sp) destroyed the dinosaurs right?
    no.
    it just states that the organisms today have the common ancestors and that that happens through natural selection, blah blah...
    why do people keep wanting it to encompass everything from the big bang and how the solar system/earth formed to the origins of life and meteors striking the earth? (rhetorical question...)
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Feb. 16 2005,9:18)]It's so creepy how there are periods of time when certain themes occur... like with the evolution... I was debating evolution in three sites at once. Then with racism, I had chosen to do a paper (still doing it darn it... nothing to do with black history month by the way) and that comes up. then gender differences pop up in my myth thread, another site, and the study about the brain comes up.
    Like a week or two after the evolution thread got closed I picked up an issue of Discover that had an article (the cover story) about how people were testing evolutionary theory using computer simulations, and finding that not only did problems often get solved in fewer iterations than the testers expected, but that complex "structures" frequently emerged that couldn't function as simpler parts (the analogy being eyes and wings and such). In some cases the "lifeforms" would even outsmart the testers when they tried to inhibit their adaptations. Funny thing is the software now has hundreds of creationists combing it for bugs for free. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

I'd say the article is required reading for anyone interested (Feb 2005, Vol. 26, No. 2). I don't meant to steer this thread in that direction or anything (though it seems I accidently did that with gender anyway)... it was just frustrating that the timing was off by only a couple weeks. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since this will happen anyway. My least favorite myth is Creationism and basically the Christian Religion mainly because it is basically imposed in the US.
    Stroking the Fire Is Fun [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Feb. 16 2005,9:18)]
    Like a week or two after the evolution thread got closed I picked up an issue of Discover that had an article (the cover story) about how people were testing evolutionary theory using computer simulations, and finding that not only did problems often get solved in fewer iterations than the testers expected, but that complex "structures" frequently emerged that couldn't function as simpler parts (the analogy being eyes and wings and such). In some cases the "lifeforms" would even outsmart the testers when they tried to inhibit their adaptations. Funny thing is the software now has hundreds of creationists combing it for bugs for free. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    This is nothing new. Numerous evolution simulations have been written over the last 10 years and many even before then! Heck, I was was writing them 10 years ago...now I feel old.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast