What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official cp of north carolina

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
The Venus Flytrap may soon be the official carnivorous plant of NC.

Sen. William Purcell, a Democrat from Scotland County NC, has introduce a bill recognizing the Venus Flytrap as North Carolina's Official Carnivorous Plant. Hopefully this bill will pass and the VFT will get the same protection that the Cardinal now gets.

As far as I know this is the first time that a cp was recognized by a state.

darn! Now I cant field collect vfts!
smile_n_32.gif

(Just kidding)

Thats awesome!

Well Duh!! Of all the Cps that had better be the one for NC

cool! I didn't know the cardinal was protected! how about the gray squirrel and pine trees? they're the state mammal/tree.
and dogwood? (flower) and the eastern box turtle (it is... now I'm just showing off lol... i know my state! :p)

Dog wood is the PA state tree. It's highly illegal to cut them down cuz it's a religious thing. I know why but I don't want to offend anyone. I'm not religious at all though so to me it's just a cool tree in my yard. Actually it's annoying cuz it blocks the sun from my window!

yeah I heard something about the religion part too. about the brown things in each bract that symbolize the crucifixion of jesus or something.
isn't it annoying how many states have the same symbols?

state tree: pinion pine
state flower: sagebrush
state bird: mountain bluebird
state mammal: bighorn sheep
state nickname: silver state
yeah, I know my state too! (Nevada

Why the official state CP?

Why not just recognise it as the official state plant?

drink: milk
dog: grayhound
state nickname: tar heel state
... that's all I remember right now... milk... HA!

North Carolina already has an official state plant. It's a hog slaughter and processing plant. From what I've heard, they aren't endangered.

Back