What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where does everyone stand on...

RamPuppy

hmm...

Racism... against it...
super strains.... don't want them...
snowball earth.... I'll take a balmy 70 degrees please
sleep... it's a good thing

sorry all, couldn't help but take a little poke...

confused.gif

I'm not too sure where I stand on this....
On the one hand, everyone's gotta stand somewhere, I can appreciate that....
However, there are some things that almost don't require a stance, and some folks have pretty strong stances on some of these, can't say as I'm in that camp.....

Man, this is a thought-provoking thread, I'm gonna have to go and think about it a bit more, don't wanna step on any toes
biggrin.gif

Ram, I think you may have just openned a can of worms in the bird cage!!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

I positively take a stand, one way or the other, on everything...most of the time.  Some times, taking a stand on an issue, requires a man to stand by the courage of his convictions and I can do that...unless it gets me in trouble.  
biggrin.gif

i think i will have to sit down to contemplate this, or maybe even lye down.

Hehe, I've been thinking about a post like this for a week or so. But couldn't figure out where I stood on making it a post... Or a poll.....

LMFAO @ Andrew.. BTW, your signature is righteous.

Anyway, I think "Where does everyone stand in regards to..." threads give us the chance to get to know what each other think, but it's a real pain in the brain coming on here and facing 30 "Where does everyone stand in regards to..." threads which have increased by 9000 pages since the day before.. it's also a hassle being pressured by my own nature to voice my opinion every 30 seconds with each new "Where does everyone stand in regards to..." thread ¬_¬

Personally some of them are lame. Sleep? Nobody has a standing on it, As mammals we all are required to sleep as much as we are required to hydrate ourselves or feed ourselves. Racism? Really, what kind of idiot stands up and says otherwise? Was the response different from expected? Probably not. I am guessing it was a shot in the dark for another argument. I didn't bother with snowball earth but if it is as it sounds, Why would anyone want to live on a tundra? Evolution? De ja vu?
smile_m_32.gif

Joe

Because I'm short, when I take a stand, I have to stand on a chair or I might be overlooked. Standing also hurts my back. So I'd rather take a stand laying down. But then someone would think I'm taking it laying down when in fact my stand might be something that would make you sit up and take notice.

I'd really rather curl up into a ball and suck my thumb...

PAK... *dies laughing* In the immortal words of Jeff Foxworthy, "That was brilliant! Did you just make that up?"

Can I put that in my sig?

excellent responses all, I was hoping for a little laughter, I got a lot!
smile.gif

Well.. as the creator of the very first "where does everyone stand" topic all i can say is that it was that the name fit "Where does everyone stand in regards to evolution..." after that people kept creating them. Kinda cool.

http://amateurexpert.net/evolution in case anyone wants to view it.

I'll sit, thank you. :- )

I haven't particpated much in those topics, but just like Word Association & TPBM, they're fun and they provide a way for new people to this hobby to participate in TF and get to know the other people.

Joe...lol...I guess I've been hanging around Tamlin a little toooo long.
laugh.gif

FTG...help yourself.
smile.gif

It doesn't fit, can you believe that?? Dude, we need, like, a 500-character signature limit -_-

Back