What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where do you stand in reguards to:

I am a fan of double negatives. Ain't is'nt a negative word.

Joe

hmmmmm i completely missed this thread till now.

Canada is mainly English speaking, well atleast all the Canuks ive delt with speak "perfect" english. granted i only deal with Saskatchewan and Alberta on a regular basis, but most signs in Canada also are written in French.

i learned a tiny bit of German in high school. would have learned more had i had a better teacher. funny thing is Darla knows about as much German as i do and we talk a lil bit back and forth. i mean to learn more of it cause ive run into alot of more or less english speaking Germans that i would have had a better time had i was more of a German speaking American.

was never offered Spanish but i would like to learn to speak it. dont care much about reading it. Norweigian would be another i would like to learn.

"but most signs in Canada also are written in French"

Depends on where you are, I don't expect to find french signs in Alberta and such, but theres a lot of them in Quebec :p . Zongyi

actually a large amount of stuff is in french in Alberta and Sask. surprised me but i make about 4 trips a year or so into all parts of these two provinces and i find lots of signs in french

That kinda surprises me too. I guess they need a place for people from Quebec to stay
smile.gif
. Zongyi

Back