Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Usa national territory!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello guys! I will tell you something, that I have been saying and repeting on and on and on in this Forum, and almost everywhereinthe Internet.

To those that do not know this detail, I must tell you the the USA is more than 50 states. USA is compossed by the known 50 states and 4 territories, which are Puerto Rico (commonwealthe) US Virging Islands (territiory) Guam (territory) and American Samoa (territory). All of these are part of the USA, within USA, and they are not foreign contries, but part of USA.

The USPS service is the postal service of these USA territories. The Federal Department of Agricutlure is the agricultural deparmtnet of these teritories, the president of these territories is the same of the 50 states, and everybody that is born in these territories is USA citizen as those that are born in NY, CA, HI, FL, or any other state. You do not need passport ot go to these territories, becuase you are in USA national territory, and when you ship things to these territiries, you are making a domestic shipping.

I hope this has help you. And if you need to corroborate this info, you can go to the USPS website / office or to the any Federal Office and ask, and they will tell you the same that I have told you here.

I do not want you to missunderstan me. I am not mad about explaining or many questions abnd answer. All I want is to let you all know, the truth about USA, and that it is bigger than most of us believe.

Any other questions? Just contact me, I am more than glad to answer any question.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You forgot Washington DC. It's not a state nor territory, it's just a district. Maybe you can explain what the difference between a district and territory is.
    I don't know much about the territories but I would imagine that the difference between a territory and a state would be the government systems. Do they have governors, do they have representatives in the senate, and congress? The only difference that is plain to see is they don't get a star on our flag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Ozzy!

Indeed I forgot about DC, that as you say, it is not a state, nor a territorry. But as being the heart of the nation, it is a where all the power is. I do not really know in depth the system of a federal district, all I know is that it is the capital of a federative nation. Maybe somebody else can help us here.

Now, the differences between a state and a teritory it is only that the territories do not have a star in the flag, and that, eventhough these terrotories have representatives in the Senate and the Congress, these representatives do not have the right to vote, except the Puerto Rican representative, who won the right to vote becuase PR is a commonwealth, and according to the constitution, PR representatives have that right. But it is only a representative, not a fromal senator, or congressman.

About the goverment of these teritories, yes, they do have governors and the same goverment system that every state has.

Summing up, a star in the flag and formal representation in the Senate and the Congress is the only difference between state and a territory. But all, under the same system: USA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    46 states and 4 commonwealths (Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Kentucky are commonwelaths).
    Sturgeon's Law:
    "Nothing is always absolutely so".

http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102021

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excuse my ignorance, but what is the difference between a state and a commonwealth?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    emilias, there are more differences then you pointed out but you are more or less correct.as to PR having a vote where did you find this? not doubting you ive just never come across a Senator or Rep from PR mentioned when i read through various votes. while some branches of our government have power over these territories others dont or choose not to. the Department of Education for example has lil to do with "our" territories. there are probably more but i have to admit this is one area i have paid lil attention to other than the fact that they were "US Property".
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kahnli...you beat me to it. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] Virginia is not a state...its a commonwealth.

Despite the difference in name, there is no difference in the relationship or governance of a state vs a commonwealth.
    Their legal status is no different than the other 46 states of the United States. In reference to these four entities, commonwealth means the same as state, and the term “state”
    can be used interchangeably with “commonwealth” when referring to them.

Commonwealth actually means a community of people acting in common interest, or in terms of a government, it means the power is held by the people."

Commonwealth has a different meaning in reference to the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, which is not a state. Puerto Rico is a self-governing territory of the U.S. The people of Puerto Rico are U.S. Citizens, but they don’t have the right to vote in federal elections.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh man, this is giving me a brain cramp..
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast