Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else hang around that isn't growing any cps

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Feb. 22 2005,4:18)]I agree that if you don't grow cp's you must leave, now. But since you have some growing outside, we should reach some type of compromise. I say you must leave for now, you'll be allowed back as soon as your plants outside come out of dormancy.
    We should let Joe back on only when his computer is outside with the Sarrs. Indoor posting for indoor growers ONLY! :P
    ~Joe

PS - What kind of non-ghetto setup will this be, Joe? Do you have anything to share with the class?
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well.................
    I am gonna start with one of those one peice shower units. I know how to make "fake rock". This will be the interior. At the moment I am looking at 34 plant sites of 8" pots that will be "mounted" so to speak in the wall so as to look natural. Though I am considering instead of rock look, going with a tree trunk look. Anyway the pots will be in the back with the plant and opening on the inside of the chamber. This is the base idea.
    Now details like humidity will be a fogger so far. Light will be a dual spectrum Halide/HPS system 250wtt each on a 500wtt ballast.
    More details and and mechanics to be mulled over yet. Nothin is set in stone yet.
    Thats basically it so far.

Maybe I'll come up with a blue print to give a visual idea.

Joe

P.S. This is going to be choice Neps, Epi-cactus, mosses, and a chameleons home.
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds great! Can't wait to see. What will you be using for rock/tree trunk? Some sort of sculpted foam? I think the tree-trunk look could end up looking really good. The first thing that came to my mind was hypertufa but that would be way too heavy for mounting in a shower stall, I'd think.
    Good luck!
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Theres a quick idea of what I'm thinking. I know its a little rough,but.......

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The easy-est thing to do for "non-ghetto" is to go garage-sale-ing. I have found up to 35 gallon octagonal tanks for $10. So far I have spent $30 and have 1 ten gallon tank
    1 35 gallon octagonal tank
    1 terrarium that is 20 gallons or so but I had to build a base (out of scrape wood)
    1 1 gallon terrarium/cookie jar (of course I no longer use it for the cookie jar function. I did not really want U. subulata on my cookies, not that the cookies would make it to the jar anyway).

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya know, ghetto-rigging is a new phrase for me. I'm used to a few other ways of expressong the concept. You should see what I have going in the building next to the main lab! I have planks, suported by my plastic pipette containers, as sheliving units. If I had a camera, I'd show ya'll. My plants are in those containers as well as yogurt containers and Gladware. Very low budget!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buy a flowerhouse like mine.

I got mine for 350 or so bucks, and they can be found on www.yardiac.com
    Update: Parents convinced to allow me to keep greenhouse heated over winter. Most species will not be lost. Too lazy to update growlist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am only actively growing my sars and dews outside right now, no flytraps... and my neps, well, I really don't have to do much with them, I am thinking of giving them to people who have given stuff to me, my passion has transferred to Reef tanks, and while I love a great outdoor garden, a terrarium is rapidly taking up realestate that should more properly be filled with salt water.

blasphemous words! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast