What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else hang around that isn't growing any cps

superimposedhope

Somewhat Unstable
I don't currently grow any Cps except my hardys outside, I'm just hangin around for the heck of it. Am I alone here/

Joe

WHAT!!! You do not grow any CPs? Get off this Forum right now, you voyeur.

He said EXCEPT for his hardys outside! That counts!

Capslock

Well anyone here not have D. capensis or D. spatulata? I do not think they are very hardy

Yeah, I have some Sarr that Copper sent me and some of the ones that were collected from that site in FL(the radio station). They chill outside in a tank/bog all winter and are still lookin good. Well as good as can be expected for a dormant plant that dies back a bit. I am actually more of a Nep and Ceph person but I have put them on hold till I can get a proper chamber setup. I insist on this so I must wait. I just hate having a ghetto setup so I'm doin somethin bout it.

Joe

Boy, I really am all alone!

No drosera here, never had one. I'm just not that awed by them. I take that back Copper sent me couple last year but I managed to kill them in like 2 days. I think it was D. regeia (sp?) and another.

joe

I agree that if you don't grow cp's you must leave, now. But since you have some growing outside, we should reach some type of compromise. I say you must leave for now, you'll be allowed back as soon as your plants outside come out of dormancy.

Oh yeah, if you have reptiles or aquariums, you can still visit those forums.

Yeah you definatly need to spend more money and time on CPs. Heck I am in debt but still buy them

Aqs and cactus' count? I love Chameleons but I have to wait a while for my Panther baby. Hes a very specific cross of 2 very specific parents.

I don't think its any secret that my real passion is Epi-cactus which is where the Neps come in cause I love epiphytes and have been considering Epi-Utrics. Another day though.

Joe

Don't feel alone, I have 4 pitcher plants and a half dozen roridula I raised from seed. Everything else I had died during the multiple hurricanes, and I haven't bothered to replace any of it.

I'm sure that if I can keep as many plants (which isn't that many but you know...), you can keep some of them! I basically have a clear plastic box on a windowsill as my "growth chamber". that's it! no growth lights, no sun, no humidifier, etc... and so far so good! I've killed only a small percentage of the species I get and it's usually because of lack of sun (and a couple because of shipping stress) ... It's very easy to care for your CPs in a plastic box
smile.gif
there's no excuse for not having CPs! :p

Oh its not that i can't it's that I am tired of "ghetto" rigging. I had 6 Neps in a 40gln Rubbermaid tub with a glass slate and grow lights and it worked well but I want the "real deal". So I am slowly putting together a real chamber as a pro would or a zoo, ya know something to that effect.

ah... I wish I had a nice big terrarium too but I just can't
smile_h_32.gif

Ghetto rigging, Welcome to my world.
confused.gif

i was thinking the same thing Ozzy. Darla rolls her eyes when ever she sees me stand back from my current plant project and say "That'll do for now"

So, I'm not AS alone as I thought?
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Yeah, I'm just tired of it. No more duct tape, foil, storage bins, ya know
smile_m_32.gif

Joe

Back