What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trying to find those slotted plastic tables that

• Thread starter seedjar
  • Start date

seedjar

Let's positive thinking!
So, I'm looking for those tables that you see in some nursuries and such, the thick plastic ones with slots in them so water can drain freely. The ones I see a lot around here stand on sections of ordinary PVC pipe, about two inches thick I guess, but I never see them for sale at gardening centers or anything - it's all this fancy decor-styled stuff, and I just want something sturdy and functional (and preferably cheap.) I'd like to put them around the edge of my balcony, as the guardrail casts a big shadow over my plants for about 75% of the useable sunlight. I guess, any suggestions (and retail sources) for raised outdoor growing surfaces would be good - I just need to get my plants in some better light before growing season picks up.
Thanks,
~Joe

Cheaper to make your own
smile_m_32.gif

the greenhouse i worked for just had bench tops made out of 2x4's and fencing material. granted we were using trays to hold out pots so they didnt tip. it would probably be ALOT cheaper to rig up something yourself.

You can ask a manager at a Lowes or Home Depot to aorder one for you, they will. I don't know the cost though.

Joe

Buy a thin plastic table, and then get a screwdriver...
smile_n_32.gif
biggrin.gif
smile_m_32.gif

Those will cost about $150 in charles Greenhouse or something. If I am thinking of the right thing

$150? Yikes! Guess I'll just have to look for some cheap tables or something. Rattler, what was used to support the 2x4s in that setup?
~Joe

Back