Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wingless fruit flies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

I remember taking about wingless fruit flies for feeding indoor CPs in one of the other forums one time and I went to check on the Maryland CP Nursery site because I haven't been there in a while and the first thing I saw was information on them. Now the Maryland CP Nursery sells them and teaches you how to keep them alive forever. Here's the link, http://www.carnivorousplantnursery.c...fruitflies.htm
    In the instructions it says "medium" and you can buy that for $2.00 he also has a set of 6 vials with foam tops to buy for $12.00 so pretty much, so for $24.00 (I added another 12 to buy your first set of live flies) you can have a neverending supply of food for your CPs. That's pretty cool. If I wasn't broke I'd probably order them. lol
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

Ummm...I don't think you could put other seller website on PFT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can, only if it isn't your site or if its something PFT already sells. PFT doesn't sell fruit flies.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is a fly still a fly if it doesn't have wings? Hmmm... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_l_32.gif[/img]
    There's a tunnel at the end of the light...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Feb. 24 2005,5:31)]PFT doesn't sell fruit flies.
    No, but they do sell many of the plants listed.
    There's a tunnel at the end of the light...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when i had dart frogs i used to "breed" one winged fruit flies and feed my plants on the side. they're really easy to maintain, in fact, sometimes i had to release some because they grow so fast! i always used deli containers that i cut a square hole out the top, them smashed it full with a spounge from the art supply store (they don't come pre-soaped) and presto, fly hive. i have a cheap & simple recipie for the fly food if you're serious about wanting to grow flies for food. rather then spend bucks on wingless, i would just buy the one-winged variety at most local pet shops. sometimes you'd get a few with two wings but that's not such a bad thing, they would always end up on the sundews or in the nepenthes cups anyway.
    -jULIE-
    if i can't dance, it's not my revolution.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use to keep flightless fruit flies. They were a PITA to keep. They're stinky and love to escape.
    larry
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigflytrap/
    Save a tree, legalize cannabis.
    Be enlightened

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the description on the website he says that they don't have a scent. Maybe you had something different?
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast