Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: News alert regarding pres. bush

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ram i think you put it far better than i ever could. the reason i have minimal problem with ANY president throwing money at faith baised places such as the church is because of the reasons you stated. im not christian and i have no problems with it. course that may be because one thing im very active in is Optimist International, which is a 100% volenteer based organization whos goal is to help children.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't matter which group gets money cause whoever doesn't is gonna find something to justify their claim of being cheated.

People are greedy like that. It's rediculous really, like children. " He got a toy and I didn't " "That's not fair"

Jesus was a Jew but he wasn't Jewish, he was faithful to his father not manmade names, laws, religions.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JLP,
    I imagine in your sig you mean poatched eggs as in the meal, but it also kinda sounds like a green light to steal wild bird eggs. I just realised that and thought it was kinda funny since you were trying to show discourage for theft of nature.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like I said before, I wasn't talking about the constitution. The constitution isn't a holy book that is perfect. Just because it may not be there, it doesn't mean that it isn't wrong. My argument wasn't that what bush did was illegal.It was that it was wrong. Something may be legal AND wrong at the same time. the federal government supporting one religion over another is wrong. Is there anyone here who thinks there shouldn't be a separation between church and state?
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof...
    that to me says that congress can't do anything that promotes any religion...
    Declaring a "jesus day" was certainly promoting a religion. Aside from holy scripts there is no proof jesus even existed, and there are plenty of other good, historical people that he could have chosen.
    And what's worse, if the government is giving more money to one religious group than to the other, that is promoting a religion even more.
    Quote[/b] ]who cares who gets the money as long as the money is used to give out blankets, help a single mom fix her car, provide shelter and sustenance for the homeless?
    I do. The government shouldn't be tied with any religion. Giving money only to christains is supporting one religion over another and that tires government (very strongly) to a religion.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Feb. 25 2005,6:24)]
    Quote[/b] ]who cares who gets the money as long as the money is used to give out blankets, help a single mom fix her car, provide shelter and sustenance for the homeless?
    I do. The government shouldn't be tied with any religion. Giving money only to christains is supporting one religion over another and that tires government (very strongly) to a religion.
    let me get this straight.....you would rather no money be given to a charitable organization if it is connected to a religion rather than letting money get to those who actually need it?i would much ather see my tax dollars going to religious organizations where an actuall decent percentage of the money will actually do good rather than let the government spend it on some of the idiotic things they tend to such as to Native American reservations(a really big pet pieve of mine but that may be because ive watched the idiocity that happens on one for the last 23 years). local churches and organizations such as the Elks(a club with christian idiologies, i know i am one), Lions, KC's(these guys are christian too arent they?) and Optimists(another organization i belong to, no religion but if yah look at our creed it is remarkibly simmilar to "pure" christian views in how ppl should treat each other) know better what their community needs than Uncle Sam by a loooooong shot.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    President bush signed the Equal Treatment Executive Order in December 2002 ensuring equal treatment for faith-based and community organizations.

so, that argument is toast. Any faith based organization that wants the money can have it. Period, as long as they meet criteria set forth to get it, i.e. have a good plan for it, organization capable of handling it so on, so forth. Oh, and they do have to apply for it as well, so, there is that.
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]let me get this straight.....you would rather no money be given to a charitable organization if it is connected to a religion rather than letting money get to those who actually need it?
    who the HELL said anything about not giving any money out to charity? (and if I remember correctly he said that money was given to faith related organizations... he didn't say it was for chairty)
    I'm saying money from government should NOT go to one religious organization and none to the others. They should go to all of them EQUALLY.
    Quote[/b] ]President bush signed the Equal Treatment Executive Order in December 2002 ensuring equal treatment for faith-based and community organizations.
    ok great. That's what I'm talking about.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, apparently I'm the only one who decided that there was humor to be extracted from this topic...O_O...
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast