What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Allan lowrie seed question

Where can I get a seedlist/tuberlist?

Send me your addy and I can mail ya one, if nobody else has.

Once the weather warms, if anyone wants to do a group order, let me know.

Glenn

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Glenn @ Feb. 25 2005,1:22)]Once the weather warms, if anyone wants to do a group order, let me know.

Glenn
The BACPS does group orders every meeting...

I wouldn't buy a single sarracenia seed from Lowrie. They do not sprout. They are thought by many to be old stock, and useless. Except that they are not useless for lining Allen Lowries pockets. No sarracenia's, you WILL be disappointed. You should have good luck with his drosera though. I hear they sprout fine. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON LOWRIES SARRACENIA! YOU'LL BE SORRY!!!!!!!!!! I was sorry to the tune of $105.00. Very few seeds per pack, and not a single seed sprouted.

i was hoping to get tubers, i have heard all about his no-sprout seeds.

Lowrie sucks! He knows his seed is crap. Many have told him, but as long as he can get those who have not heard, he will steal from you your hard earned money, and give you absolutely nothing in return.

Ouch!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

I think Peter got a 10% germination.. That's one out of each packet of 10 seeds!
confused.gif
So 'fer three dollars you get one seed that'l sprout, but prolly die from other causes.. Oh well, unfortunate really, but his tubers are good I hear. I take the blame for starting the whole seed order thing from him
smile_h_32.gif

How could you know, John? Get off your own case, and just be glad it was brought out that his sarracenia seed is bogus. Thankfully, his drosera have a fairly decent record, and can be bought with some expectations of a strike here and there. Still, be prepared. I know that tuberous drosera can take forever to sprout. I got d. macranthra from the ICPS seed bank long ago, and put them in their seed tray. I gave them six months wet, and six months dry, as per their growing season (roughly). Still, it took four years of this before 6 babies made their way into the world. I took them to a BACPS meeting to show one and all, and they were stolen and gone before I knew what hit me! I never went back.
(Except to go get ordered sarracenia seed that would not grow. Ripped again!!)

Back