Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Florida is so stupid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and i hope those old people who go thown there are tough for fear of heatstroak. New england pretty wet compared to most places west of there exept the costal northwest.
    that makes no logic

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    North gets HOT too, the only difference is FL is usually more humid not hotter.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    superimposedhope, well, Cash's version was the one I heard, so that's what I did.

Nobody has to "fear" heatsroke if the have the brains to avoid it. Know your limits and avoid dehydration and learn to recognize the symptoms and you're OK. And just because alot of people here are elderly doesn't mean it's all elderly people.

And I know from personal experience that 45 degrees here is a WHOLE LOT colder than 45 degrees in New England. When it gets 45 here, it is cold as HELL!! I've also been in Massachusetts when it was 45 several times, and it's not that bad.. I wore shorts. I don't know why this is, but in January, a specific cold temperature here is loads colder than the exact same temperature in New England.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]We go jogging in heat Northerners would never survive.
    it's not the heat I wouldn't survive, it's the jogging! LOL. darn i'm lazy.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I'm not a jogger either, and I'm lazy too, I'm just making a point.
    Liquid Plummer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Walking outside in Florida in July is like getting continually smacked in the face with a hot, wet towel. Some people enjoy this feeling...I do not. Where I live is too humid in the summer too, IMO.

I'm not a jogger. Everytime I see someone jogging, I want offer them a lift.

I have friends who are joggers, though. They say it's even tougher to jog when it's -30 degrees. It is just as amusing to me to see someone jogging in -30 degrees as it is in 90 degrees with 100% humidity.

It's un-natural for a spider to be any bigger than a dime. It's just wrong, LOL! I hate those dang golden-silk spiders that they have in Florida. Kill them. Kill them all. A spider should NOT be big enough to eat a bird.

If you like Disneyworld, Epcot and Busch Gardens, then, yes, Florida has a lot to recommend it. I like it because it has good and cheap tatoo parlours and flea markets. But there ain't no fine or ethnic dining in Brooksville, let me tell you.

I don't like it because it only has 3 seasons...hot/wet, dry and hurricane. Oh, and huge spiders. My parents had to evacuate 4 times this last season. They were lucky..minor damage. My bosses mother's apartment complex was completely destroyed. I swear a tornado goes through some part of Hernando County every day at about 5 o'clock. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img] April
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I don't like the heat either, but I'm used to it.

Actually, if there were no spiders, you'd be inhaling flies with every breath. It's a scientific fact. I'm sure Alpha will back me up on this one.

Fine dining can go die.. fancy stuff makes me want to hurl.
    Liquid Plummer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    naw... but there would be a bird, bat, dragonfly, etc. ...population growth.
    sure, spiders eat a lot of roaches, mosquitoes, etc. but they're not the only ones and other predators would make up for the absence of the spiders. Just like in guam... they introduced the brown tree snake which killed off all the birds there and there was a huge insect explosion but then the spider population grew too and now they have tons of insects and tons of spiders everywhere with no birds and tons of snakes too.
    goes to show the importance of ... brains
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything