What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Florida is so stupid

This just in. I am writting this as the news tells me about it. In clay county a girl got suspended from school becasue she wore a tuxedo for her school picture. The reason is she MAY BE (not definatly is) gay and is flaunting it. What is wrong with this state? Seriously who cares if your gay. And come on wearing a tuxedo for a school picture and getting suspended for it. This is at Clay County High-School. I know that they and some other high-School bands around here have female drum-majors who have to wear tuxedos for band. I do not understand why this is wrong. I seriously have to get out of this state and move to someplace more-normal like San Francisco. I hate living in Idiot/Super Christian Ville where everything non-christian is bad. I cannot wait to leave.

I have always wanted to move to Jacksonville Fl. Eversince I was 6. Humid, warm, lizards, spanish moss, cps. Why would you want to leave that?

Werd, Treaqum. Preach it!

Also agree with Sunpitcher about the good points of Florida, though.

Capslock

but anyway, some kid got suspended here because he got a bad hair cut!

Well this is rediculous. What the heck is wrong with school officals. I know that seniors in high-school do crazy stuff. Thats the whole point. You know releseing rats in the auditorium when its full of people and stuff like that. Who would consider a girl wearing a tux bad?

no, not at all. The kid was in elementary school

you have problems with Florida and your calling Cali normal? Florida must be bad
smile_n_32.gif

You reallly oughtta meet Philip Barban. He has tourette syndrome, so he talks during tests, he INSULTS THE TEACHERS, he says innappropriate stuff, and he's never gotten suspended. California is strange too, my friend.

Now why would a girl wearing a tux be bad. Maybe she just wanted to look good for her school picture, like normal people.

hmm...lets give out everybody's personal information! hahhahaha! This is so fun!
smile_n_32.gif
(jk)
confused.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] I hate living in Idiot/Super Christian Ville where everything non-christian is bad.

AMEN!

Update:
Big protest. Well lets see two outfits were approved by the school (Tuxes and nice dresses). The school suspended the girl because of her wearing one of these outfits. I smell a discrimination due to gender lawsuit against the county comming. along with the protest that is happening. With some luck it will be in tommorrows National news/Jay Leno/Next Readers Digest due to yours truely. Ohh by the way they dropped the gay thing and are now just discriminating. Maybe I should have put this on the racism thread even though this is gender based

The fate of Sarracenias rests in the hands of the same kind of people. This is how the dark ages began.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The fate of Sarracenias rests in the hands of the same kind of people. This is how the dark ages began.

Chuckle, keeping it relevant, eh?
laugh.gif

Anyway, I didn't reply earlier when I read this because this type of thing outrages me. There's a big thing going on in a nearby school district wich pertains to this same kind of stupidity. Some parents are complaining that there are posters inside of classesm that use too much of an "In your face" approach to the the issue of sexuality since they show gay couples on them or some such nonsense. It should by in your face, you dummies! If these kids are under fire not only from students -since apparently there's some of that going on as well- but from parents as well?! Yeah, there needs to be something done about it. I'm part of my school's GSA (Gay-Strait Alliance) club because I lot of gay friends and I'm sick and tired of people being disciminated against due to their sexual preference. The whole thing bothers me so much and is so bloody stupid. Why can't everyone have a little c-o-m-p-a-s-s-i-o-n ?? Alright, I've got a headache and I don't wanna say anything to get me in trouble, so I'll calm back down, let a few more people post and write something more later...
confused.gif

thats effed the H up, close minded floridians.....

Hmm well don't think its any better in communistfornia, I mean california, if you're a tuner like me, its hell.....
mad.gif
smile_h_32.gif

I agree..that is totally pathetic!
the extremists on both sides are out of their freakin minds..
there is no common sense left in this country!

here is one from the out-of-control far-left wackos..
kid suspended for shooting a rubber band.
(its a WEAPON they say!!!! )
mad.gif

hey! its also in Florida!

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps....0223002

oh oh oh... from the radio:
"is it just me or is common sense becoming much too uncommon?"

Common sense is extinct.

In my school's rulebook, it lists offenses and punishments for them. I couldn't help but laugh my rear off when i saw that there was a punishment for "possession of a dangerous object". EVERYTHING IS A DANGEROUS OBJECT. You can hit someone over the head with a full backpack, are they going to ban backpacks? You can stab someone with a sharpened pencil, are they gonna ban those? Don't forget basic human body parts are aslo dangerous, like the all to well known fist. And in case no one knew, a strong bite can draw blood. ARE THEY GOING TO BAN HUMAN BODY PARTS TOO?!?!
These people are such idiots.

A rubber band? Gimme a break. As long as he was launching it with hand power, he could not have gotten that thing going fast enough to hurt anyone. Even if it hit in the eye, big poop! So the eye is sore, you won't go blind. EYELIDS HAVE A PURPOSE, TO PROTECT THE EYE.

I don't know why some people are homophobic like that. I'm perfectly fine with homosexuals as long as they don't start coming on to me. Even then i'll attempt not to be rude, i'll just tell them i don't go that way, and leave it at that. It's like they treat them as subhuman.

I Agree with you Treaqum, but seriously encourage you not to equate Idiots with Christians.  (which is what your slash does (at least to me.) Not all Christians are narrow minded biggots.

I will say I think there are quite a few christians that need to learn what Grace means.

There was an article in the Florida Today newspaper yesterday about a kid who was suspended for 10 days from a school in Brevard county for assault... with a rubber band. I'm not moving though, I like Florida. Besides, I can't afford to move lol.

Back