Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cp's at home depot?  huh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

Okay, I have seen multiple posts about people purchasing a CP or two from a Home Depot. So needless to say, I have made several attemps to check out my local Home Depots, and NOTHING! I have checked out several of their stores, in Virginia, Maryland, and now here in Chicago! I have stopped in at different times of the year, ranging from spring and on through the winter. I have scoured up and down the aisles in and out of the nursery areas, and even asked associates there if they carried carnivorous plants, and they just didn't ever recall carrying them. So can someone tell me if there are particular states that just don't sell them? Or am I just having some bad luck here? Not that **********.com isn't a place to order them, as I prefer to order them from this site, but I have just been curious to find any stores close to home that may carry them as well, but NEVER have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try Lowes.
    It's like walking out a door and discovering it's a window.

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The HD here (I live in souther Ontario, Canada) gets them from time to time, but you have to look fairly often- recently I actually found some kind of Sarracenia there (it was just coming out of dormancy so I haven't seen what the pitchers are truly going ot look like)
    But they don't know how to take care of them, and by-and-large the staff is poorly informed about them, so if they do get them in they die off pretty fast if you're not quick..
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They probably won't start bringing them in until Spring. My very first few CP's came from the H.D. - VFT, S. leucophylla, P. primuliflora, D. spatulata.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ive seen them at HD but Lowes has them more often as fa as i can tell but the nearest 2 stores are almost 4 hours away so they dont get checked regularly.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our Home Depots get them in rarely-it seems to be more common in other areas(Colorado comes to mind). When I got to Low's in Omaha(about an hour away), they almost alwyas have something(usually pitiful flytraps, but sometimes Darlingtonia)>

Cheers,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it just depends on what they bring in at each partiuclar store. some sell them, some don't, for whatever reasons. i've moved around quite a bit over the past few years. i've only found them once in VA Beach. they were small TC Sarracenia that had only juvenile leaves, so I couldn' quite tell what they were. one turned out to be Scarlett Belle, and one turned out to be Tarnok (i think - it has a flower bud this year, so we'll see for sure).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only CP's I have ever had luck with at home depot are Neps,

invariably the staff is poorly trained and one of a few things happens: plants are watered with tap (various levels of doom depending on where your from and what your water is like) and laughably, I have seen far to many get boiled in the sun.. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast