What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone speak fluent german?

superimposedhope

Somewhat Unstable
Hey could someone translate this for me?

Ich bedanke mich fur Ihren Brief und Ihr interresse au einigen meiner Luchyungen.
Wie ich festgestellt habe, sind Sie bei der ESA nicht vertrelen. Darim wuvde es mich sehr interessieren, von wem Sie meine Adresse eihattenhaben und von meinen Luchyungen wissen.
Tetzt zu dieser Jahreszeit ist es jo nicht moglich einige Stecklinge zu schicken Wenn es im April oder Mai warm genneg ist ware es ja moglich. Sie mussen mir nur schreiben, ab wann es bei Ihnen frost frei ist. In einen Briefpackcheu passeu ingefahr 8 stechlinge rein.
Mitt einzelne Samen wird kaum moglich sein. Wenn ich Kreuzungen vornehme, dann mu?ss ich auch alle Samenfur mich aussein. Das einzige was ich machen kouule ware mal nach zu sehen ab an eimen Aporo-Hybr. eine Frucht zu finden ist. Allerdings kaun ich Ihren daun nur die Muterpflanze beneuuen, weil ich den Vater nicht konne.

Im winde (?) ich alle gute ein frahen Hei?macht fest und ein es Jalamiches jahre 2005
Schone Geghe im Berlin

Please remember that I am copying this from Germam cursive writing so I may have misplelled words. The handwriting is somewhat poor so it was hard to tell some of the letters.

Thanks
Joe

Babel fish stinks
smile_m_32.gif

I thank you fur your letter and it interresse outer unite my Luchyungen. As I determined, you are with the ESA do not vertrelen. Darim wuvde it me much interest, from whom you know my address eihattenhaben and from my Luchyungen. Tetzt at this season is it jo not moglich some stecklinge to send if it in April or May warm genneg is commodity it moglich. They mussen me only write, starting from when it is free with you frost. Into a Briefpackcheu passeu Inge-drive 8 stechlinge purely. Memo individual seeds will be hardly moglich. If I crossings distinguished, then mu?ss I also all Samenfur me outer in. Only which I make kouule commodity times after to see off on eimen for Aporo Hybr. a fruit to be found is. However kaun I their daun only the Muterpflanze beneuuen, because I the father not konne. In (?) I wind all a good frahen Hei?macht and it Jalamiches years 2005 preserve Geghe in Berlin

"Thank you for your letter and your interest in my hybrids/(plant gorwing). I would be interested how you got my address.
At this time of year it is not possible to send seedlings. When it is warn enough in April or May it will be possible, just let me know when your time of frost is over. In one package I can fit about 8 seedlings.
It won't be possible with seeds. When I make hybrids/grow plants I have to sow the seeds before. But what I could do is to check if I can find a fruit. In that case I would only be able to tell you what the mother plant is, because I don't know about the father.
-wishing you a happy 2005, etc- Greetings from Berlin."

Well, that one was a bit of a doozie! Reading that it was in cursive give some big hints to some of the things as my mom knows the common misconceptions in reading German cursive (Ok, let's face it, I could barely done half of this without her, spelling mistakes throw me off). Hope this helps, Joe!

Very much appreciated and tell your mom thanks too.
smile.gif

He's one of the well known Epi-cactus hybridizers but very difficult to get in touch with because he doesn't have a computer, I must write, get it translated then send it to him and then he sends back in German. He doesn't speak english either. I respect that since it is Germany.
cool.gif
 It's just much effort in order to get the hard to find plants.

Thanks alot man,
joe

BTW, E.S.A. is Epiphyllum Society of America,
smile_m_32.gif

Hi EST,

this was an very impressing job to translate this text correct!!! In every line there are about ten spelling and grammer errors.

Joachim (Munich, Germany)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SunDoode182 @ Mar. 04 2005,11:29)]Babel fish stinks
smile_m_32.gif

I thank you fur your letter and it interresse outer unite my Luchyungen. As I determined, you are with the ESA do not vertrelen. Darim wuvde it me much interest, from whom you know my address eihattenhaben and from my Luchyungen. Tetzt at this season is it jo not moglich some stecklinge to send if it in April or May warm genneg is commodity it moglich. They mussen me only write, starting from when it is free with you frost. Into a Briefpackcheu passeu Inge-drive 8 stechlinge purely. Memo individual seeds will be hardly moglich. If I crossings distinguished, then mu?ss I also all Samenfur me outer in. Only which I make kouule commodity times after to see off on eimen for Aporo Hybr. a fruit to be found is. However kaun I their daun only the Muterpflanze beneuuen, because I the father not konne. In (?) I wind all a good frahen Hei?macht and it Jalamiches years 2005 preserve Geghe in Berlin
you used a translator for that, didnt you?

I always wanted to learn German, since I'm about half of it myself! Only thing I can really say right now is

Ich versteuch nicht!
Danke
Guten Morgen
Guten tag

Still would like to speak it much better than that!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Starman @ Mar. 05 2005,5:28)]
[b said:
smile_m_32.gif

you beat me to it dino

Joachim,
Do you by any chance know of a man by the name of Helmut Paetzold ?

Joe

I'd like to thank your for your letter and your interest in some of my Luchyungen (what the?).
As I determined, you are not represented in the ESA (EU?). For that reason I would be very interested from whom you got my address and how you learned of my Luchyngen(?). Now, at this time of year it is not possible to ship a stecklinge. If it gets warm enough in April or May, it would be possible. You just need to write me, when you've got no frost anymore. About 8 stechlinge fit into a package. With individual seeds that will hardly be possible. If I deal with borders, I have to (show all the seeds i'm sending?). The only thing I could do would be to check out a Aporo-Hybr, which is a pain to get a hold of/find. Nevertheless, I can (tell, send ?) you only the mother plant, I don't know the father.

I wish you all a merry Christmas and a happy new year of 2005.

Greetings from Berlin.

Thats the best I can do, many of the words I was just guessing because they are misspelt. However, I guessed where I could, and this should give you a basic idea of what he's saying.

Peter

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Starman @ Mar. 05 2005,2:28)]
[b said:
smile_m_32.gif

You guys, that's why he opened his post by saying "Bebel fish stinks". Babel fish being the translator he used.
smile_n_32.gif

Oh, and thank you Joachim, between there being an acronym and a word or two that we had no idea about, it was kinda tough. Was interesting puzzling it all together though, compensating for the transcription from computer to paper and then some of the common mistakes in reading cursive German (because there are some mistakes that are typically made in reading it, can;t blame people, though.) lol Joe, that must have been a bit frustrating for you to transcribe that knowing that it was not only in a language that you don't know, but in bad cursive writing to boot!

Back