What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water question

i just got my first venus flytraps.. i have read the savage garden but i still need to know if D.I. water is ok to use or does it still have salt and minerals in it. thanks

If DI means De-Ionized water, it should be fine for your CPs.

Welcome to the forums! By "D.I. water" are you referring to distilled or Deionized water? Distilled water, typically may be purchased in a grocery store and is what most people use. D.I. is what people, such as myself, refer to as an abbreviation for Deionized water - which is purer than distilled. I work in an environmental laboratory and have free access to Deionized water. Both are good.

sorry.. when i said D.I. water i ment de-ionized water. my wife works in a micro-biology lab and has access to it.. thanks for the replies...

Ah, we speak the same language! Yes, Deionized is great! We have a micro depatment at our lab.

Back