What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I smell spring!

Bird’s chirping, bugs flying, leaves budding, and cps coming back from dormancy. Thank Goodness! It is a drag here during the winter months here...no offense to anyone of course. Just took my vfts out of the refrigerator and put them in new soil. Now if my sister can transplant cps, I better be able to too. That is a pisser! My sister is not even into cps like I am. Here I am growing cps for about 4 years trying my hardest to transplant and she does it with problems. Well, at least I can beat her in chess and she is the president of the chess club.
smile.gif
Watch next game I lose in chess...

By the way I was in Arlington, VA. Took the metro to Washington DC and saw the Capital and the White House. It was a business trip, as there was a big AAOS convention going on. Interesting non the less. I only had one day to look around but it was fun. I also had the chance to see the Library of Congress.

Happy Spring Days,
Travis

ps
Sure some may say it is still Winter but I just say it is a hard Spring.

*sigh*..
still a month of winter left to go here..
the last dismal 5th month of winter is dragging on.
no signs of life anywhere.
even the snowdrops arent up yet.

forcast HIGH of 20 degrees F (negative 7 C) for tomorrow.
we wont even be above freezing for the next week straight.
even a forecast low of +8 degrees F for next weekend is in there.
lots more snow on the way too. several feet probably.
smile_h_32.gif

im glad someone is getting Spring though!
at least thats a good sign for all of us..
Spring is on the way! eventually..

Scot

I feel your pain scottychaos, still snowy cold weather...
smile_h_32.gif

everything is waking up but very very slowly, I have dandilions that matured their flower stalks butt he blooms have been unponed for over 2 weeks due tot he bitterly cold weather.
It is gradually getting warmer tho

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Starman @ Mar. 07 2005,12:20)]everything is waking up but very very slowly, I have dandilions that matured their flower stalks butt he blooms have been unponed for over 2 weeks due tot he bitterly cold weather.
Dandilions? Those are weeds here! I'm picking them all the time
confused.gif

It needs to get a little warmer here in PA. All my plants which are in my unheated garage want to wake up, new growth emerging and my S. purpurea starting a flower stalk.

Most of the Sarracenia have been enjoying what sun we've had in the North Country. But the real sign are the Nepenthes, N. truncata is coming into spike and N. diatas already has. That are tell tale signs of spring.

It's 50 degrees today in Connecticut and I saw two robins outside... Spring can't be too far.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SunDoode182 @ Mar. 07 2005,3:31)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Starman @ Mar. 07 2005,12:20)]everything is waking up but very very slowly, I have dandilions that matured their flower stalks butt he blooms have been unponed for over 2 weeks due tot he bitterly cold weather.
Dandilions? Those are weeds here! I'm picking them all the time
confused.gif
oooooops I meant Daffodils lol sorry

We have one real nice day in SE PA (60's) and then comes crashing down on Tuesday. Then it will be in the mid to upper 30's for several more days.

It was a really nice weekend here in Michigan. Just about time to break out the t-shirts but today is windy. Spring is not to far just around the corner, down the hill, through the woods, and into someones greenhouse. I can smell Spring is coming...What did the groundhog say?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scottychaos @ Mar. 07 2005,2:23)]*sigh*..
still a month of winter left to go here..
the last dismal 5th month of winter is dragging on.
no signs of life anywhere.
even the snowdrops arent up yet.

forcast HIGH of 20 degrees F (negative 7 C) for tomorrow.
we wont even be above freezing for the next week straight.
even a forecast low of +8 degrees F for next weekend is in there.
lots more snow on the way too. several feet probably.
smile_h_32.gif

im glad someone is getting Spring though!
at least thats a good sign for all of us..
Spring is on the way! eventually..

Scot
pretty nice here now, weather is unpredictable and always gets into the 20s at night at least, I just heard it can get cold untill may! may! I need a better way to insulate, I think Ima use silicon

I do toooooooo, Travis!! Spring is a-comin' 'round the corner! Wooohoo! Although we still have a few iffy weeks ahead, today I saw a huge bed of daffodils in full...tons of 'em!! And I noticed a hint of buds on the trees.

Today was 70-degrees although that won't last. Still, it will happen more and more often. And like you said, the birds are chirping and there is just that FEEL to the air.

I love it!! Spring is my favorite time of the year! Nothing like fresh, green new life poking out everywhere.
biggrin.gif

SPRING? Naw, I smell summer.. Yesturday it was like over 80 degrees!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Travis @ Mar. 07 2005,11:49)]...What did the groundhog say?
Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow this year, and declared 6 more weeks of winter.
that was on February 2nd.
so the 6 weeks will be up on March 16. a week from Wednesday.
so only 8 more days of winter!
you better be right Phil!!
laugh.gif

http://www.groundhog.org/prediction/

Back