Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: God i hate ignorant ebay auctions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish I'd known people were willing to buy spanish moss when I lived in Georgia. I would have made a fortune.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've bought TONS of good deals off of ebay. The most important thing to remember is to check feedback and ask questions if you are heistant about the product.
    I thought you people where \"Plant Geeks\", Look at me Now...

Growing List-
    http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17062

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love eBay! That's not to say there aren't some jerks on there. I've had my share of not-so-great deals. But by far, the people are great and good deals are to be had. If I see misinformation in a listing, I usually send them a message and tell them. 9 times out of 10 they are grateful to be educated. Every once in a while you get someone who doesn't bother to update their listing...which usually means they KNOW they false advertising.

I saw someone once listing a common ol' 50s Indian blanket ($45) as a late 1800s Navajo blanket (for $350!). I wrote and told them what they had and they pulled the listing. They had me ID another blanket they had so they didn't make the same mistake. They had been ripped off at an auction but they got their money back from the auction house.

You can get good plant deals there including orchids.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come to think of it, I've bought nepenthes, sphagnum, lights, and an R/O water filter all on ebay. I've been lucky so far.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not saying everything or everyone. I just skim through usually and notice the mis-nomers. I don't congratulate all that get it right though. I have seen some good deals but have never had the uevos to buy there.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I think I read somewhere that it is parasitic but come to think of it, I have seen pictures of it growing on powerlines and generally hanging on anything. If that is true then it couldn't be parasitic by technical definition though I am sure it has no symbiotic relationship. I don't think it gives back or positively affects its host in anyway
    it's not parasitic. it can grow on powerlines, and it does have a symbiotic relationship: commensalism.
    there are three types of symbiosis. mutualism, where both animals benefit, parasitism, where one benefits and the other is harmed, and commensalism (sp?) where one benefits and the other doesn't care (usually. unless there's too much of it)
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I buy everything on ebay and have saved thousands of dollars. I get irritated when people see stupid things on ebay and say they don't like "ebay". Ebay isn't selling these things. They're simply a vessel for people to sell stuff through. If you had bad luck with ebay its because you either didn't research the buyer or a vast many other things......
    https://www.instagram.com/hull.jess/ (I post pics of my plants there)

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FlipSide,
    I'm not attacking you! Thats why the topic title is " God I hate ignorant ebay auctions" and not "I hate ebay because of the misinformation that they don't have time to sort through and allow you to purchase at your own risk"

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast