What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you could...who would...

• Thread starter PlantAKiss
  • Start date

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
I was just thinking how nice it would be to meet some of the forum members.  We have such nice folks here.  
smile.gif

So...just out of idle curiosity...

If you were given the chance to meet just ONE person from this forum, anyone regardless of where they lived, who would you want to meet the most?

And why would you want to meet that person?

This doesn't have to be practical or possible...this is a " I wish" thing.

Who would it be and why?  
smile.gif

And don't anyone go gettin' all pouty if someone you thought would pick you, didn't.  I'm sure most of us would choose to meets tons of people here. It would be very hard to really choose just one person.

And why? (Although I guess that would be obvious...lol)

Bugweed.To talk to him about cps and check out his plants.He's one cool dude.
biggrin.gif

Jerry

Hmmm. I've met several, but who would I want to meet? Tamlin, Jeremiah, Swords, nep gracilis, and pretty much everyone whose photos I've ogled at for the last couple years!

Capslock

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Mar. 10 2005,7:25)]Hmmm. I've met several, but who would I want to meet? Tamlin, Jeremiah, Swords, nep gracilis, and pretty much everyone whose photos I've ogled at for the last couple years!

Capslock
jeremiahs a real nice guy, If I oculd meet anyone I would meet:
Max Schafer, Bugweed, Mike King, Tony, NepG, Spec, Peter D'amato, Adrian Slack, and phil falauisi prolly a few others I cant remember

peter's cool. I have visited him several times.

*stares around*.. I... can't...... oh wait, I know.. Dino, because we talk on AOL alot. But that WAS a close decision.

Tamlin... I would love to watch him jam on the guitar! (It sounded awesome over the phone!!!)
Andrew

I would like to meet Jeff Shafer, Rob Cantley, Andreas Wistuba, ExoticaPlants, and Go to an NECPS meeting! Or even one of the ICPS conferances.

If I could visit one person on this forum.... probably Bobz, Tamlin, and Bugweed for my top three.

I REALLY want to see Bobz awesome vft bog garden!

I would like to meet a lot of peeps here *Ok, Cps are a give in for visiting any one - Like duh?*:
Schloaty, Copper - Martial Arts
FTG, PAK, BCK, Jimscott - Personality
rattler mt, fatboy - Outdoorsy/hunters kind of people
Mike King - Play real game of chess with *very good chess player by the way*...and to see his amazing greenhouses.
Nep G, Tamlin, RamPuppy, Pyro, unknowclown, capslock, adnedarn, Alvin Meister - learn about cps and see their collections
Trent - Come on he lives in Grand Rapids and works at Fredrik Gardens!
Pond Boy - Just to give him the biggest props in the world for being such a role model for others that have health problems. Enough said!
Now I know I left out a few but I could be here for hours picking out people.
smile.gif

Nep G - Pick his brain about how in the heck he gets turkeys!!

I would have to say I also have a list so I would have to go with the ICPS conference to see many of them. Too bad I can't go this year (Darn trip to France).

yeah i guess it kinda depends like travises
people I would like to play a game of football with: Jimscott, NepG, SPec, and tony
Nepaholics I would like to meet and see colection: Tony, NepG, Peter D'amato
Sarraceniaholics: Bugweed, Mike King, Phil Phalisi, Peter D'amato, Alvin Meister, barry Rice
Vftholics: BobZ, Peter (from the forums), and Bugweed
Dewaholics: Tamlin, Pingman, Adnedarn, BCK (Met him, never been to see his collection)
EDIT: oh and max schafer for neps

tops on my list? Tamlin, definatly Tamlin we are both facinated by the lil pots of moss(Utrics) and gemstones and collect both. plus hes one that really got me started. wish i lived closer cause i would definatly plan a trip but its kinda hard to find a good reason to justify the expence of going to New York.

Pyro(another Utric guy) is also high up there plus i would love to see Tonys set up and Jeremiahs greenhouse(that may be a possibility sometime in the future, hes only bout a 12 hour drive away and ive gone that direction before. maybe next summer!)

[edit, add on]
to meet just cause i would like to meet them jimscott, BobZ. Copper and superimposedhope are high on my list

Well, I have meet many members here. Tamlin, Nickhubble, Technoracer, Glenn, Amori, Travis, Darcie, Death66, SteveL, and a guy from Youngstown that I forgot his name. I hope I didn't forget anybody.
I don't think I could pick just one member to meet. Some members I would like to meet are Bugweed, Adnedarn, and BarryRice. If I had to choose just one, I think I'd have to find that swamp snake I see crawling around all the time.

Adnedarn, I have heard Tamlin play, It sounded awesome live too. "Casy Jones, you better watch your speed"

Pak you never told us your answer. There's no need of you telling us your no. one. So just tell us you second.

hehehe  
biggrin.gif
  I guess I picked an impossible task...to pick just ONE.  
smile.gif
 Not many sticking to that rule.  lol

I have to admit I'd have a long list...which would include, but is not limited to (that's legal talk)...in random order:

Bugweed, Ozzy, Andrew, Schloaty, Pyro, Patrick, Jan, Travis, Dino, Tony, Shelly, Cindy, Copper, Noah, Phillip, Nep G, Merlin, Barry, Alexis, Joseph, Troy, Pondboy (to give him a big hug)...ummm....ummmm.....and lots more!

Wouldn't a CP party be fun?  
biggrin.gif

Easily I would want to meet Peter and Gold Trap. They are around my age and we are the Viet crew! I would also want to meet Trev, Dave, and Dazman on the CPUK because we share the excessive enthusiasm for the Venus Flytrap(You to peter
smile.gif
)  I also want to meet Brad because he is such a cool guy. Thanks everyone for being who they are!!

Yikes, hard choice. Maybe Amatuer_Expert since he's so cool, or Tony because i'd reallly like to see his greenhouses. Maybe VFT guy in SJ, much shorter ride.
biggrin.gif

Back