Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Congrats on the now named...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now I understand all the Congrats to Brooks though. If only my CPN had come Friday or Saturday. I hope it comes today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brooks is in England at the Chelsea Flower Show. Goes every year. I met Brooks before he got involved in the Forums, and it is because of Brooks that I am here too. The man has a heart of Gold, and is a very good person. Hard to find good folks like Brooks these days. I have a piece of Leah Wilkerson, and this is her year to SHINE!!!!! Gave me a mediocre presentation last year, but for just being jerked out of its growing medium and sent to me, put on a good show for a couple of months. Right now, I have 3 leaves coming, and a scape is coming up. The base of the rhizome swelled to the point that I think "Leah Wilkerson" thinks shes a redwood!!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fell in love with 'Leah' from the very first photo I saw. Its an awsome plant and I was awe-struck. And just imagine the joy Brooks felt when he discovered her! And kudos also to the Wilkersons for allowing Brooks access and being so understanding about the significance of their sarra stand.

I have lusted for a Leah...love at first sight! Hopefully in a few years she will be more available. There will be great demand for her.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep Brooks is awesome, man! i wish i could go to that flower show, but the frist and second weekends of april me and jeremiah get to go to the colo. spgs, and denver flower shows, so im cool with that. Brooks is very generous as well
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all the kind words guys and gals but honestly it is just what any self respecting CPer would have done. It is a beautiful palnt and I am just happy I could be the one to introduce it to the world, have it TCed and, honor Mrs. Wilkerson and her family for all the years that they have cared for the bog that is their front yard. I know Mrs. Wilkerson will be thrilled. She is such a kind woman. Requests are coming in from all over the world for pieces of the plant.

Sir Bugweed, the Chelsea Flower Show is not until May. Go here for details: http://www.rhs.org.uk/events/chelsea2005.asp

The Southeastern Flower Show was a great sucess with it's first ever CP division. David Mellard and I took all the top awards. I took two trophies and a certificate of horticultural merit. The memers of the GCA were very impressed with the class and it's astutiness. I did not however win the highly sought after Species trophy I wanted. Ahhh, but there is always next year and I am already planning my display. Too bad thoes of you close enough could not attend. I hope you will try for next year.
    I remain a man obsessed with a genus
    Brooks

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well congratulations, Brooks! Sounds like you did VERY well. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] And there's nothing like having a goal that you reaaaaaally want. It'll keep you kickin' butt for the next year.

If you have any photos, we'd love to see.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congradulations Brooks!

The babies you sent me are doing fine.

You guys and gals think that 'Leah' is great, but these 'Wilkerson's Red' look just as beautiful to me.

The range of colors from the different seedlings is too varied to describe. I will have to post some pictures of some of 'Leah's' offspring.

We are lucky to have a member with such a keen eye for an unusual Sarracenia. That, and his generosity for sharing with many people.

I hope that the TC will not only allow us all to have our own 'Leah', but her beauty will draw new CPers into the fold.

Thanks Brooks,
    Tweek
    \"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.\" - EInstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done Brooks for getting it registered. It is definately THE Sarracenia moorei of them all.
    Will you have time again to pop up to Telford again when you are at Chelsea?
    Best Regards

Mike King

NCCPG National collection holder of Sarracenia

http://www.carnivorousplants.uk.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123