What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congrats on the now named...

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
I see in the new CPN that your cultivar Sarracenia 'Leah Wilkerson' is finnaly a legit name. It is absolutely beautiful! Those of you not familiar with it... Look here
or here. According to the CPN this plant is currently in private tissue culture lab and not currently available... yet.
smile.gif

Congrats again on finding a beautiful plant!
-Andrew

Yay! I'm thrilled that its finally published.
smile.gif
That is one of my "holy grail" plants. Can't wait until its in production.

Congratulations Brooks! And to the Wilkersons too!

It's a very nice plant. I've seen it in the flesh at Mike King's
smile_n_32.gif

Dang! I have seen this one in the flesh in my backyard! Purty!

smile_k_ani_32.gif

i need one....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Mar. 11 2005,8:16)]...have this one in my backyard!
Shut it Bug, before I sqwash you like grape!
hehe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Mar. 11 2005,11:16)]Dang! I have seen this one in the flesh in my backyard! Purty!
Some people just loves to brag.

So who's the person in the pictures?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Treaqum @ Mar. 12 2005,10:01)]So who's the person in the pictures?
Mr. Brooks Garcia, finder and namer of the cultivar, "Leah Wilkerson". Brooks has a really good eye for plants, that is for sure.

And just where is the "Man Of The Hour" Brooks himself? I have his plants plastered all over my computer desktops as wallpaper. I see them every time I use my computer.

Brooks is also the author of our NASC article how to pollinate Sarracenia.
smile.gif

And also Seed Collecting if I can ever get the time to get it posted.
confused.gif

Way to go Brooks!!

I know Brooks. Wow he is good at finding plants!!!

Now I understand all the Congrats to Brooks though. If only my CPN had come Friday or Saturday. I hope it comes today.

Brooks is in England at the Chelsea Flower Show. Goes every year. I met Brooks before he got involved in the Forums, and it is because of Brooks that I am here too. The man has a heart of Gold, and is a very good person. Hard to find good folks like Brooks these days. I have a piece of Leah Wilkerson, and this is her year to SHINE!!!!! Gave me a mediocre presentation last year, but for just being jerked out of its growing medium and sent to me, put on a good show for a couple of months. Right now, I have 3 leaves coming, and a scape is coming up. The base of the rhizome swelled to the point that I think "Leah Wilkerson" thinks shes a redwood!!

I fell in love with 'Leah' from the very first photo I saw. Its an awsome plant and I was awe-struck. And just imagine the joy Brooks felt when he discovered her! And kudos also to the Wilkersons for allowing Brooks access and being so understanding about the significance of their sarra stand.

I have lusted for a Leah...love at first sight! Hopefully in a few years she will be more available. There will be great demand for her.

yep Brooks is awesome, man! i wish i could go to that flower show, but the frist and second weekends of april me and jeremiah get to go to the colo. spgs, and denver flower shows, so im cool with that. Brooks is very generous as well

Back