Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I need help from members who live in the

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol good enough explination. cant really argue with it, my favorite snake that i have kept is the false water cobra(Hydrodynastes gigas). very cool looking frog.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strangely they are said to be easy to keep like a 'red eye' or White's Dumpy

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i wouldnt doubt it especially if your getting a CB frog. getting a well acclimated animal is more than half the battle. i know that from keeping snakes. i would think their care would be quite similar. other than the webbed feet it looks remarkibly like the red-eyed tree frogs from the other side of the globe which would lead me to believe they are from the same basic ecological niche so should require similar care. besides if i remember right most of the tropical frogs are fairly easy to keep especially if you can get a CB specimen.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Joe

Thanks for the welcome back.
    First from Tony P and now you, I should go away more often.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]BTW Troy,
    Welcome back, you disappeared a little after I first joined. If I remember right, your avatar was a guy sitting next to a pumpkin or something.
    Ha ha, but not quite.
    That was me next to Rafflesia:

Now, back to business.
    If your froggy is from rainforest canopy then the salinity is going to be low, low, low; very few impurities.
    This is the same country that many Neps come from and you know how fussy they are about their water.
    I know nothing about frogs but if you are trying to imitate their native habitat then I would go for RO or distilled water.

Cheers, Troy.

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Troy,
    I appreciate the info.
    Are Rafflesia plants or seed sold anywhere, they are extremely protected aren't they?

If you look at the pic of the frog I posted I am sure you've probably seen one since your tours seem to go through most of the habitat outlined. AHhh, it would be nice to live somewhere tropical.

Thanks
    Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Joe

Rafflesia seeds, they are microscopic and I have checked out a few old flowers but have never seen one.
    The other problem is that Rafflesia is a parasite that lives inside a vine called Tatrastigma that winds itself around other trees in the jungle canopy. Unless you have the correct species of tetrastigma in your garden, not likely as it's a huge, thick and woody vine that would soon overtake any regular sized suburban garden, you have no hope of growing Rafflesia.

The areas that rafflesia grow in are SUPPOSED to be protected but hey, this is Indonesia, you can do anything here with a little graft.

I see a few frogs but I'm sorry to say that while I find them cute I don't have any idea what they are.

Cheers, Troy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OOOHH man I would love one of them pumpkins in my garden too!

As for the frog.. well all I can tell you is.. It is cute too.

Tony
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Troy...you should post that pic in the "Post your Photo" thread now pinned at the top of the General Forum. That's a great one! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

You look at a flower like that and you just have to be amazed at what Mamma Nature can do. Wow.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast