What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wisconsin church shooting

More people are killed by the government with guns then by civilians. No one is taking thier guns away.

Just wanted to dump some gas on the fire
smile_n_32.gif

Glenn

The problem with gun laws is that criminals by their very nature do not follow the law. A person who is likely to committ a crime with a firearm has more than likely already been convicted of a a crime and will not go through legal means to obtain a gun knowing full well they would not pass a background check. They instead steal a gun or purchase a gun illegaly. People who purchase guns legally are already law abiding citizens and are probably not likely to committ a crime with a gun. Sure there are exceptions, but by and large most guns used in crime were not obtained through legal means.

It seems pretty clear. Guns don't kill people. Religious zealots kill people.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]LOL! I'm just messing around. I support the 2nd Amendment, but also acknowlege it results in more violence in the streets. Our muder rate is staggeringly high.

Capslock

We do have a high muder rate/crime rate, but Great Briton's is MUCH higher in proportion, and they have more gun laws then they do citizens!
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]It seems pretty clear. Guns don't kill people. Religious zealots kill people.

What in sandhill's name are you doing!? That will get you blasted(HA just noticed that pun) on these forums and then people will be jumping in to help you and we'll have a huge arguement and a mod will have to lock!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
confused.gif

I do have to disagree though, there is just no feesible way to prove something like that. Who do you consider to be "religous zealots". I'm asking because I don't want to argue over something and then find out you meant something completely different.

Who was the comedian that said "Don't ban guns..just make the bullets cost $5,000 apiece." Sounds like a fair solution.

now that ain't fair... do you have any idea how much farther into debt that would put the country in? That would give criminals all the more reason to steal ammo too.
confused.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (aprilh @ Mar. 16 2005,3:33)]Who was the comedian that said  "Don't ban guns..just make the bullets cost $5,000 apiece."  Sounds like a fair solution.
Chris Rock.

Wesley, just in the interests of accuracy, the murder rate by firearms is 3.75/100,000 in the US. In the UK, it's .11/100,000.

That's over 30 times fewer gun murders PER PERSON there than we have in the US.

Capslock

Oh ok I see, thanks for the info.

Yeah, but Capslock..what's the murder rate with axes and knives in GB?
smile_m_32.gif

Remember, according to the gun-lobby...if people can't get their hands on a gun immediately...they always go for their axes. Mass axe murders are SO common here in the US. When I want to murder someone, I pick up one of my axes immediately, and start chopping away. My "axe" is a 1967 Gibson SG. My main "axe" is a 1994 Guild Pilot bass.

Like the guy in the church...if he had had an axe instead of a gun...he might have actually had the time to kill one person before he was subdued.

And relax, cp fans..when I heard the various news stories about the nutball, all they mentioned is that he was an avid gardener..no mention of cp's. As long as the media doesn't find his website...which is still up, BTW. April

Just as long as no one drowns someone in nep juice the cp world will be fine...
smile_n_32.gif

When I do chops with my axe (Martin 0-15 circa 1948) I don't even get any blood its so clean!!!

Hubba hubba Bugweed... a Martin 0-15?  What is it? I'm not exactly Wanda the woodswoman but I do have one little axe that I use to girdle buckthorn given to me as a gift from a Potawatomi Indian. He even taught me how to use it and I haven't lost any extremities yet. It's my treasure and I hide it because it's mine mine mine.

Nice Martin. That's the Dreadnought body style, right?

Laura, the axes we wield are guitars.

No. The D series are the Dreadnoughts. The 0 series are the cheapies. Nicest sound I ever heard from a cheap guitar! Been appraised at 10 grand as a collectors piece. No good if you can't play it, so can the collectors.
Forgot. Its name is Max. Max the axe!

Laura, don't feel bad, lol. I listen to hard rock and some metal, and this refferences to guitars went WAAY over my head too.

smile_l_32.gif

Cheers,

Joe

I had to check out your profile when you said you were into heavy metal and hard rock. Me personally, I can't take the banging, screaming, nails on chalkboard styles of music. Makes me go absolutely out of my mind. Pssst... my cats and plants told me they don't like it either. Think I'll go relax and turn on some nice soft rock or maybe even some classical and buff my nails and then clean them with my AXE... a real axe for real women.

lol same here. we had a "spring assembly" in school today and holy guacamole it feels WEIRD when the whole darn gym is vibrating because of that music!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LauraZ5 @ Mar. 18 2005,9:32)]I had to check out your profile when you said you were into heavy metal and hard rock. Me personally, I can't take the banging, screaming, nails on chalkboard styles of music. Makes me go absolutely out of my mind. Pssst... my cats and plants told me they don't like it either. Think I'll go relax and turn on some nice soft rock or maybe even some classical and buff my nails and then clean them with my AXE... a real axe for real women.
If anybody here watches the MythBusters, they'll remember that they did an experiment to see if plants grow better with music, voice or silence. One group of plants were subject to a recording of a pleasant voice giving it praise, another group had a mean berating voice, another classical music and the last was subject to death metal.
The plants that had 24 hrs a day of death metal grew faster than any other.

Back