User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Best time to water

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was watching gardening by the yard the other day, and that guy said that someone somewhere sometime had done a study about when the best time for watering your plants was, and that they concluded that it was between three PM and 6 PM. They said that watering them in the morning stressed them and they grew much more vigorously when they watered them btw. 3 and 6.
    has anyone experimented with this? anyone know how much more better the plants grew? I'm going to start watering my plants like that. I didn't really have a set time before.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well this applies to Garden plants. My cps sit in a tray or get moring watering (for the most part). The main idea is if you transplant them or they are suffering they have all night to catch-up. They will not wilt because no sun = less evaporation, and the night is generally cooler.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paul James rocks! they had cps on there once.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds like a better idea in a dry climate than in a humid climate. Less of the water will be lost to evaporation, but there'll be a much greater threat of disease. If not for CPs, certainly for the fruits and vegetables and orchids that consume much of my plant growing effort.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche