Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey everybody. I had a great idea a few years back, and I think I'm going to act on it! I'm going to start my own business. I don't really know all that is involved with this however. I thought some of you on here maybe have went through this process already and could give me some pointers.

I'm starting a business to help people with their computers. All kinds of things from cleaning spyware to custom building systems. Pretty much anything I will offer. It seems as though there is a good demand for that here. There are a couple of places in town here that do that already, but people just aren't happy with the service they are getting. I think I can do better [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] I have been working on computers ever since I can remember and I think this would be a fun job.

I'm going to design a website and a logo for myself (that's what my degree is in [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] ) and start advertising hopefully soon. Probably start with hanging flyers up around town (it's free) and if that doesn't work try the newspapers around the area.

What all do I have to do as far as registering a business name...I think I need some sort of business insurance? I'm sure there's a few steps to establishing a business. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

- Joel
    The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you should probably research what it takes to create and run a business first before asking these questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ] It seems as though there is a good demand for that here.
    Are you 100% certain?
    Quote[/b] ]There are a couple of places in town here that do that already, but people just aren't happy with the service they are getting.
    What do you offer that your competitors do not offer? Why would customers choose your service over someone elses?
    Quote[/b] ]I think this would be a fun job.
    Would it be profitable?
    I think that you will really need to plan your business before diving into it. There are many more important questions that you have to first answer for yourself before asking how to register a business name...
    Here's a page with info about why business fail:Businesses
    Be careful not to make the same mistakes. Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe a better way to reword my second question would be: Why aren't the people happy with the service they are getting? The third question still stands.

My dad did just that.. After a while it got cheaper to just buy new electronic equipment rather than just pay him.. SOO things didn't quite work out for him.. Of course, this was in old hick town Grand Junction Colorado but..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just read about 2 women that started this up and is a successful business in San Diego.

Many people have talked about how they are unhappy with the service of the computer stores in town. I have helped many people at the college alone fix their computers and get them back up and running, or clear a computer of a virus infection. The most common thing I've helped people with is to clean their system of spyware.

Most of these are not incredibly complicated things to do, but there are so many people that don't understand computers, or that just don't want to mess with it.

Also, I could custom build systems from scratch.

As far as management and the business end of it, I come from a long line of entrapeneurs and there are people here that can help me with different aspects of it. The ones that I have talked to aren't sure of the different steps to take to get one started up though. But I can talk to a company in town here that helps people with that. But I thought I would check here first [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for the input. Anybody else have any ideas?
    The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good luck dude
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck, be sure to have plenty of capital though, you don't want to run out of $$$ half way through.
    Update: Parents convinced to allow me to keep greenhouse heated over winter. Most species will not be lost. Too lazy to update growlist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it will be that hard. My cousin (well some how related to me [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] ) married a millionaire who started out doing what you will be doing. He's international now and has 13 employees. The buisness makes so much everyone gets paid over 100,000 a year. It only took him 6 years too! Wish I had that luck/idea/buisness.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast