What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few new snapshots

vft guy in SJ

VFT and Drosera lover
Hi all..  as many of you know I have a thing for hummingbirds. All non-cp plants in my garden are there specificaly as hummingbird attractants...

Anyway, I have been fooling with my moms cam for the last couple days trying to get decent pics of them...  Here are a few of the best..  Hope you enjoy.

Steve

hbirdsm.jpg

hbird1sm.jpg

hbird2sm.jpg

wow that's awsome! I've tried to take pictures of them so many times but they're fast and my camera doesn't zoom in so they look tiny.

WOW those are awesome pics!They're very pretty.Good job!*Niki*
smile.gif

wow, you must be using a fairly fast film and shutter setting, i can see individual flowers on the wings. awesome pics!

Sweet pics!

It's several weeks yet before humming birds come back to our area...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Mar. 15 2005,8:11)]wow, you must be using a fairly fast film and shutter setting, i can see individual flowers on the wings. awesome pics!
It's digital
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Mar. 15 2005,8:11)]wow, you must be using a fairly fast film and shutter setting, i can see individual flowers on the wings. awesome pics!
You can see a bit of noise in the background, my best guess is 600 ISO+ a shutter speed of 1/300th seconds

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Mar. 15 2005,12:02)]
[b said:
It's digital
smile_n_32.gif
Thanks all.. glad you enjoy

Im using an Olympus C-4000 Zoom digital camera. The shutter speed is default set at 1/1000 and is the setting I am using. Distance from target approximately 10 feet with full zoom.

Cheers
Steve

Beautiful photos! Thanks! I love hummingbirds. They are fearless!
smile.gif

Back