What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Western states cp society

hey guys it seems like we have alot of growers in the western states but theres no real way of knowing who is near you, so you guys interested in a western cp society? including texas and nebraska

between the CPUK forums and this one i KNOW i only have two CPers within 350 miles of me. the Midwest CP club took me under their wing
smile_n_32.gif
why so many broad clubs being formed? i hope to show off some of my plants at a local greenhouse this spring so maybe i can get some local CPers started up.

IMO, I dont think you can have a sucessfull club that has such a huge amount of territory.
because people wont be able to travel such long distances for club events..
you arent going to have people from Nebraska traveling to California for a meeting.

they are making it work in New England, but all of New England is smaller than Texas! ;)
So if its a regional club, it needs to be a *small* region..like a City, or at most a small state.

I am a member of a Garden Railroad club..
all of our members are from within an hour tops of Rochester.
We had some members out in Buffalo (an hour west) but they split off to form their own club, because it was too far away.
There is also another club in Syracuse, one hour  to the East..
each of those 3 cities also has its own Bonsai club, rather than one "Western NY" Bonsai club covering the whole west part of the state.
and the territory covered by those three cities/clubs is only half of the state!
I live in New York state, but I wouldnt even consider joining a CP club based around New York City..because its 6 hours away.

gotta think much more locally IMO.
of course, the problem there is that the "Nebraska CP club" might have one member! ;)
thats a probalm with such an obscure hobby as this..

Scot

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kirkscoastalcarnivores @ Mar. 15 2005,7:56)]hey guys it seems like we have alot of growers in the western states but theres no real way of knowing who is near you, so you guys interested in a western cp society? including texas and nebraska
Western states? Texas and Nebraska? I suppose anything west of the Mississippi River is still considered by some to be the wild west.

I agree with Scott I would do a society for the north west or even better a society that covers no more then 2 states.

Back