Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I need a easy boo

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol Wires crossed there?

Schnell's book will not have Nepenthes in it as they are not North American or Canadian plants. If you are only interested in flytraps for North American CPs then the majority of the Schnell book would not be of interest to you. It IS a very good book on CPs though. I have a signed copy. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] He lives in good ol' Virginny.

Savage Garden also covers more than just VFTs and Neps so if you want info only about them...I'd stick to web searches.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]And as always, the internet is a treasure trove of info (In between pop-ups [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] ).
    I have AOL. No pop-ups here.

Quote[/b] ]He lives in good ol' Virginny.
    ..That did not sound right.

I was really wondering about this thread when I first saw the title! I honestly thought it was gonna be something like Ozzy's "call me" prank! *dies laughing*
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Mar. 18 2005,8:20)]Jimscott, They do too! The bookmobile is here every Friday. THE favorite among the plants is, The Lord Of the Flies!!!!
    Muahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I remember that book from 10th grade. William Golding? Negative utopia. Piggy, Samneric, et al? Saw the British movie of it once.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked the description of Adrian Slack's book. One slight problem-

Insect-Eating Plants and How to Grow Them
    by Adrian Slack (Author) (Paperback - March 1, 1988)
    No customer rating available.
    Write the first review of this item.
    Out of Print

Jerome Wexler’s Secrets of the Venus’s Fly Trap was also recommended and it looked really choice for younger ages however it too was out of print.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know someone who as asked to collect plants from the wild be PP... I will not say who, but if memory serves, it made the rounds here in PM's a long time ago, back in the beginning of the forums... you would have to be a real old timer to remember. The way I see it, why give money to them, when you can give it to someone who actually cares about these plants.

Savage Garden is the only bible you need for this hobby. It will entrench you in the basics, everything else, you can learn here.
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Savage Garden is the best book for just about anyone (the know-it-alls here would like the pics, and the newer people would benefit from the knowledge contained inside). It's not perfect, but it's pretty good.
    Update: Parents convinced to allow me to keep greenhouse heated over winter. Most species will not be lost. Too lazy to update growlist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, let's not leave lurkers in the dark.

http://www.sarracenia.com/faq/faq6010b.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is part of what I remembered Laura, but not all of it. Suffice it to say that page was last updated in 2002, and the wild collection request occured after 2002.
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast