What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tired of being taken advantage of

superimposedhope

Somewhat Unstable
This is mostly a venting post!

Time and time again, tweekers (aka people addicted to Meth) ask If my wife and I will babysit until a certain time and they don't show up till the bars close or later and when they finally do get here they have blown any $$ they do have have on - you guess - I am not stupid, I know what they're doin but the sad fact is these people will leave their kids with anyone who will take them when they wanna get high. It might as well be me, at least I know the kids are safe and well fed. My wife and I on the other hand rarely get to go out cause we only know a couple people who we trust to watch our kids and these people are resonsible adults with busy lives. We never get to go out and get stuck with these junkies' kids. We're stuck we can't just knowingly let them drop 'em somewhere else cause many times I know where that somewhere else is and kids don't belong there or they take 'em with and the kids watch them do drugs.

Just needed to vent
Joe

If the "tweekers" are that bad, I'd report them to Child Protective Services and get the kids out of the situation. Why wait until the parents do some so irresponsible it results in death or injury to the children. I know foster care isn't the best solution but it might be better than having parents who care more about getting high than taking care of and being good parents to their kids. That's very sad.

Yeah... they've forfeited their parenting rights I think.

If they'll leave their children with anybody, then anything can happen to those children. Even foster care is a better prospect.

That's very big of you to take care of those kids, Joe. You can only do so much for them, sadly. You'll burn yourself out trying. The more time that a child is in that kind of situation, the harder it is on them; the sooner that someone can give them a stable living situation, the better. It's sad, but I've got to agree with the others - if this is a recurring thing and you know what's going on, you should call social services.
~Joe

Yes I agree as well.I once had to call social services on my friend.It was very hard,but I kow I did the right thing.How old are the kids?*Niki*

Sounds like your family are very nice people. I hope these people hit bottom soon, so that they will wake up from their addiction.

How are you that sure of what exactly they are addicted to? Maybe you should bring a camera one day (having them leave their kids with someone else for that time only) and follow them to wherever they go. Take a few pics, and mail them in anonymously to the police office. Then report to child services and give those kids a better home.

I wonder if any of the police on this forum live anywhere near you...

No one can take advantage of you unless you allow it.  Their kids aren't your problem, that's what DCFS is for.  It's really sad.

Back